C4 Forums | Control4

Snap AV who to Buy Next ?

Have nothing to do this weekend as the Wife is in Dubai on work - So starter playing with Roon and its brilliant

apart from its C4 Drivers only work with its Nucleus device which you can only buy in the US (God Help Us).

If the C4 Driver worked with sonos and C4 (And was as good as the App) what a winner. 

Just one Company I think Snap should buy (tongue in cheek) and create that driver plus more 

Do you have any ??? 

https://roonlabs.com/howroonworks

3 hours ago, time2jet said:

@KDW

@Gary Leeds UK

Are you sure Sonos won’t integrate with the nucleus. If it does, I’ll be buying a nucleus tomorrow. Have my eye on one anyway. Fascinating piece of tech for audiophiles. And if it integrates, game changer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Help me understand what this gets you? I just want a way to use Apple Music natively in Control4.

4 hours ago, time2jet said:

@KDW

@Gary Leeds UK

Are you sure Sonos won’t integrate with the nucleus. If it does, I’ll be buying a nucleus tomorrow. Have my eye on one anyway. Fascinating piece of tech for audiophiles. And if it integrates, game changer.

Sonos works as an end point for Roon, so it should integrate just fine with Nucleus AFAIK. 

As a Roon user with C4 Matrix amps I do it opposite and use Shareplay as endpoints in Roon.  

On 2/3/2020 at 3:50 AM, ILoveC4 said:

Help me understand what this gets you? I just want a way to use Apple Music natively in Control4.

Its just great software - Trailed it for over the weekend and loved it. 

Will give you full search capabilities with Sonos if you have a Nucleus 

I like to have sonos and stay away from Matrix amps etc - Feel a bit old hat 

I'm researching how to build the equivalent of a Nucleus+ right now.  Seems wicked expensive at $2500 for what it is, but apparently it's the only core that the C4 driver will work with.  

If I do this, I will be using Sonos endpoints for the most part, I'm trying to understand why I would need anything else? (DAC's).

1 hour ago, tdougray said:

Does this mean you can search within Sonos playlists using this Gary?

To use Control4 Drivers you need to have a Nucleus, which then links to your sonos. 

We use a trail with the PC been the Hub and the Ipad doing the searching on the software, it was very good 

both me and Janet loved it 

On 2/3/2020 at 12:46 AM, time2jet said:

@KDW

@Gary Leeds UK

Sure Sonos will Integrate with the nucleus - But Double check

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.