C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 keypad engravings timeline...

28 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

!!!! Yeah that'll do it.

As mentioned, ask your contact to see if he can get the black cover.

Ah - you're saying that I may be able to just get that PART of the switch? Just my luck too - it's smack dab in the middle of a 4 gang box. Those 4 gang setups are such a pain in the ass with all the wire nuts in there. I'd love to be able to fix it without having to remove the switch.

2 minutes ago, ILoveC4 said:

Ah - you're saying that I may be able to just get that PART of the switch? Just my luck too - it's smack dab in the middle of a 4 gang box. Those 4 gang setups are such a pain in the ass with all the wire nuts in there. I'd love to be able to fix it without having to remove the switch.

Yep, you'd only have to get the unit partially out (ie loosen the screw). Again, I have not done this myself, just going on what I've heard.

I used to use a small flat head screwdriver, but have since purchased these-

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NPPBQK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and have found it much easier to use, specifically the one that has the hook angled at 45 degrees (3rd from top in the picture)

highly recommend purchasing this set for $8

On 4/1/2020 at 9:32 AM, chopedogg88 said:

I used to use a small flat head screwdriver, but have since purchased these-

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NPPBQK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and have found it much easier to use, specifically the one that has the hook angled at 45 degrees (3rd from top in the picture)

highly recommend purchasing this set for $8

I snagged those and used them yesterday (thanks Amazon Prime) and aside from one unintended hole in the tip of my thumb they are working out great. 

Question that I’ll ask here since you’ve all got experience - I’ve got a few devices where the backlighting is far more dim than the other devices around it. The dim ones almost have a greenish hue. Anyone seen this? It’s happening with both configurable keypads and keypad dimmers....but only a few. I’ve swapped out about 50 at this point and only 3 or 4 are like this. 

Backlighting is set to by default use ambient room light levels - and that's in part why you get the new bottom bars - and the backlighting itself can affect those readings.

Best bet in my opinion is to go to fully customized (if on there already, got to a preset one than click on cusyomized again) and just set max level to 255, min level to 254.

Set you desired backlight color, and apply to all.

This should be exposed in HE

56 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

Backlighting is set to by default use ambient room light levels - and that's in part why you get the new bottom bars - and the backlighting itself can affect those readings.

Best bet in my opinion is to go to fully customized (if on there already, got to a preset one than click on cusyomized again) and just set max level to 255, min level to 254.

Set you desired backlight color, and apply to all.

This should be exposed in HE

Yeah, I can access those settings. I'll play with it this weekend and see if it makes a difference. Doesn't bug anyone but me, so not the end of the world. Thanks for taking a moment to reply.

On 4/1/2020 at 5:44 AM, cdcllc said:

Can an end user order them, or do you need to go through a dealer?  I have one that I need to replace.

IMG_2337.jpg.8ae624002f20a7efd2b430847dd9e528.jpg

I've started to have a few of my keypad buttons start doing this, too. Had mine for about 3 years...how long did yours take before this occurred? It does appear that the little "cracks" are harder to see on my black buttons but still leak backlight through when you're up close. 

6 hours ago, rea said:

I've started to have a few of my keypad buttons start doing this, too. Had mine for about 3 years...how long did yours take before this occurred? It does appear that the little "cracks" are harder to see on my black buttons but still leak backlight through when you're up close. 

The house is 3 years old this month.  We are on the same schedule!  Good news is this is the only one; and probably the most used.  We pretty much press the sides now. 

22 minutes ago, cdcllc said:

The house is 3 years old this month.  We are on the same schedule!  Good news is this is the only one; and probably the most used.  We pretty much press the sides now. 

Question: Is yours actually cracked? I used the quotes on mine because they seem to only look like cracks but are just fine lines where the black coloration has been lost for some reason. Definitely much worse if the actual button cracked!

13 hours ago, rea said:

Question: Is yours actually cracked? I used the quotes on mine because they seem to only look like cracks but are just fine lines where the black coloration has been lost for some reason. Definitely much worse if the actual button cracked!

Definitely a crack - I can slip a piece of paper into the gap.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.