C4 Forums | Control4

Turned any fan into a Bond fan with true-2 way feedback

msgreenf

9 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

And you have properly setup one bridge driver and 1 4 zone fan and light for each?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

I've setup a bridge driver for each fan. Each fan connected to wifi directly.  Should there only be one bridge driver and it finds all the other fans?  Maybe I did it wrong. 

3 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

No. Each fan is it's own bridge

Ok, then I did it correctly.  I added each bond bridge driver and then clicked autosetup which identifies the fan and light.  I then added the fan and light drivers that are included with the driver package.  I then make the bindings.

Oh my bad I didn't read close enough, these are for fans with bridge built into them.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Yes. This is the fan retro fit module. Each fan is technically it's own bridge.

Just following up that I was able to confirm the 2-way feedback is working.  I think the mobile app was having a bit of a moment and wasn't showing what the true state is.  I've tested all three of my fans and they are working great.  This is a great integration if you don't have a fourth wire running up to your fan.  Thanks @msgreenf

@msgreenf I've installed two more of these things because they are working so well.  Have you been able to get the dimmers working with bindings.  I'm trying to bind the dimmer light to a two button keypad. The only way I can get it to work is by going through programming.  Binding the top and bottom buttons does not work for me. It does work if you bind the top and bottom buttons to fan speed or fan toggle.  I think there might be something wrong with the light dimmer driver that is included with this.  

I'm able to dim from the app and from the neeo but I'm not able to bind it directly to a keypad. 

• 5 weeks later...

Drudging up an older thread but had a few questions on this.

I currently have fans with RF receivers built in. I have them set up via the Bond bridge but I'm finding that the lack of 2 way feedback is making it difficult to get things working as desired. For example, one fan is the only light in the room.  If I turn off the light via navigator or a shortcut key on my SR260, the bond system doesn't really know the state so if I don't remember to turn the light back on, the keypad gets confused periodically (well, the programming).

I'm thinking about getting these to replace two or three of my fans' receivers that I use most so we can get that feedback on lights and fans and to make the programming easier and more effective for how we use them.

One thing I couldn't find online was whether this setup has the ability to send a direction reverse command for the fans (and show the state). There doesn't appear to be a reverse button on the remote and when I watched the install video, it looked like the bond app only had the template for the included remote buttons, no reverse button. Does anyone know how to get that functionality on these receivers and can that be tied into C4?

Also, has anyone had any luck with tucking the ugly wifi receiver into the base of the fan instead of having it stick out? It's not a big deal on rooms with light colors but it would really stick out in one room with darker paint.  Wondering if it's possible to paint the receiver if it can't be tucked away and still provide good signal.  Just seeing what others may have tried.

Finally, I know there is a way to program the remotes if there are multiple fans using these receivers. It looks like there is only 1 sip switch with a setting of 1 & 2 on the remote for programming. The video installation instructions show a learning button that you press within 30 seconds of turning on the power to the fan.  Does this allow for multiple fans (i.e. more than 2) and for anyone that installed them, did you have to reprogram them or do they come preprogrammed with different frequencies from the factory? 

Finally, I already have the Bond bridge driver from Chowmain.  Do I only need that one driver and then have a dealer program each receiver as it's own Bond bridge?  Just wondering if I need to purchase more copies of the driver.

Thanks in advance!

On 11/10/2020 at 2:26 PM, Jakelay said:

One thing I couldn't find online was whether this setup has the ability to send a direction reverse command for the fans (and show the state). There doesn't appear to be a reverse button on the remote and when I watched the install video, it looked like the bond app only had the template for the included remote buttons, no reverse button. Does anyone know how to get that functionality on these receivers and can that be tied into C4?

the physical remote has the reverse button (the wave) but the control4 app and programming doesn't support this.

Also, has anyone had any luck with tucking the ugly wifi receiver into the base of the fan instead of having it stick out? It's not a big deal on rooms with light colors but it would really stick out in one room with darker paint.  Wondering if it's possible to paint the receiver if it can't be tucked away and still provide good signal.  Just seeing what others may have tried.

mine are mounted in the ceiling - you don't see them...they pass WAF

did you have to reprogram them or do they come preprogrammed with different frequencies from the factory? 

I have 4 - they are all working fine - no programming required.

Do I only need that one driver and then have a dealer program each receiver as it's own Bond bridge?  Just wondering if I need to purchase more copies of the driver.

you got it - 1 driver license but you need to add a bond master driver for each fan and the fan/light drivers you need also

Finally, I know there is a way to program the remotes if there are multiple fans using these receivers. It looks like there is only 1 sip switch with a setting of 1 & 2 on the remote for programming. The video installation instructions show a learning button that you press within 30 seconds of turning on the power to the fan.  Does this allow for multiple fans (i.e. more than 2) and for anyone that installed them, did you have to reprogram them or do they come preprogrammed with different frequencies from the factory? 

Thanks in advance!

The remotes have a switch on the back.  switch it to the 1.  In the bond app there is a pairing method where you hold the power on the remote.  If you keep them on 0 you will have issues with multiple fans using the same frequency.  However, its great if you want two remotes to control the same fan. 

• 1 year later...

I currently have my fan set up on bond bridge and driver but it doesn’t appear that there is 2 way feedback. Is that what others are finding? 

with the remote control you posted in the beginning of this thread, do I still need the bond driver , bond bridge ? How do you bring it into control4 atmosphere? And does the remote have a reverse function ? 

4 minutes ago, zg825 said:

I currently have my fan set up on bond bridge and driver but it doesn’t appear that there is 2 way feedback. Is that what others are finding? 

with the remote control you posted in the beginning of this thread, do I still need the bond driver , bond bridge ? How do you bring it into control4 atmosphere? And does the remote have a reverse function ? 

Correct. Using bridge there isn't 2 way feedback if you use the fan remote outside bond. If you change the fan module to bond ther is 2 way feedback always

1 minute ago, msgreenf said:

Correct. Using bridge there isn't 2 way feedback if you use the fan remote outside bond. If you change the fan module to bond ther is 2 way feedback always

Okay thanks! And with this fan module part, I don’t need the bond bridge piece, right? This module has bond built in and I can return the other? 

right now, I’m able to use control4 to reverse the fan. I assume I can do that still here?

Just now, zg825 said:

Okay thanks! And with this fan module part, I don’t need the bond bridge piece, right? This module has bond built in and I can return the other? 

right now, I’m able to use control4 to reverse the fan. I assume I can do that still here?

Yes. But you can't reverse. Bond module doesn't support that. 

1 minute ago, msgreenf said:

Yes. But you can't reverse. Bond module doesn't support that. 

I’m now confused. On my current set up , I have it set up that bond bridge recognizes my fan rf.  Through that, I am able to reverse the fan and through the bond driver, I can reverse. Only problem is that control4 won’t recognize what is happening at the fan so I can’t trigger leds to show fan levels or lights. 

This $42 Home Depot piece doesn’t have a reverse button or are you saying that control4 won’t recognize it?

I appreciate the information from you on 

6 minutes ago, zg825 said:

I’m now confused. On my current set up , I have it set up that bond bridge recognizes my fan rf.  Through that, I am able to reverse the fan and through the bond driver, I can reverse. Only problem is that control4 won’t recognize what is happening at the fan so I can’t trigger leds to show fan levels or lights. 

This $42 Home Depot piece doesn’t have a reverse button or are you saying that control4 won’t recognize it?

I appreciate the information from you on 

The $42 bond module does not have a reverse capability. You're replacing the entire fan control module. The current bond recognizes it because your current fan module has that. But the bond fan module does not

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.