C4 Forums | Control4

Christmas Experience Button

OceanDad

I have Tp-link outlets where my tree and garland are plugged into. I'm struggling to set up this experience button. Does it have to be bound to a keypad button or light switch? I have my lights come on as a scheduled event. I just thought it would be cool thr have the Christmas tree icon on the touchscreens for instant access

Bind the TP-Link Outlet (103/105) to a Chowmain Outlet Light driver.  It's included in the pack of drivers.  Then add the experience driver, and program off it.  Experience button will be in your Device Events, and the Outlet Light Driver will be in Device Actions

I have it bound to the chowmain outlet driver and have programing setup thru scheduling. They are not bound to key pad or physical switch. When I'm in the properties of the experience driver, it only shows me keypad buttons or schedules. I bound on to Christmas on schedule and off to the Christmas off schedule. This is not working. The lights are physically on but the tree is not lit up. When I toggle the tree on my TS nothing happens

You don't need to bind, just do it more simply in programming. If tree set to on, turn on xmas light (the light you bound to the outlet so you can see it in lighting), off turn off light. Then on the light side if light on set state to on, if light off set state to off. 

28 minutes ago, Neo1738 said:

You don't need to bind, just do it more simply in programming. If tree set to on, turn on xmas light (the light you bound to the outlet so you can see it in lighting), off turn off light. Then on the light side if light on set state to on, if light off set state to off. 

Thanks!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.