C4 Forums | Control4

C4 sound plus Sonos integration

Hi everyone . Probably a stupid question.

I have c4 round my house using ceiling speakers. In the ‘living room’ I also have a Sonos arc. I want to create Sonos surround sound through the ceiling speakers but also be able to play c4 music at other times. If I plug my speakers into Sonos I lose c4. Is there a way using my 8 zone matrix or EA-5 to combine the two ? And still keep ‘the living room’. Chris

• 3 months later...
On 12/29/2020 at 5:24 AM, Chrismccc said:

I have c4 round my house using ceiling speakers. In the ‘living room’ I also have a Sonos arc. I want to create Sonos surround sound through the ceiling speakers but also be able to play c4 music at other times. If I plug my speakers into Sonos I lose c4. Is there a way using my 8 zone matrix or EA-5 to combine the two ? And still keep ‘the living room’. Chris

Do you have other Sonos? You can get a Sonos amp and run the in-ceiling speakers as surrounds. The inputs on the amp will be disabled. Use C4 audio input to your TV from the EA5 and ARC into the Sonos universe or use another Sonos Port for digitizing C4 audio into Sonos from the matrix. 

On 12/29/2020 at 3:24 AM, Chrismccc said:

use a sonos amp. then feed control4 audio in from a connect or port. you will have to get tricky with timings, but i have done this in my own home.

• 2 weeks later...

Matt, Thank you mate for your reply to my Control4/Sonos question.

I was interested to see how you set yours up. The ceiling speakers in the living room are being used today for Control4 music (a room called living room that plays alongside the kitchen etc). in the living room I also have the arc and I just bought the Sonos amp gen2. So this week I will connect the arc to the Sonos amp and receive  surround Sound .

now my problem , which it sounds like you have fixed, is I want to continue seeing the living room as a room in Control4 for music and flip to Sonos surround when watching movies. Should I connect the Sonos amp rca-in to the the digital coax-out from the ea-3 and continue running the ea-3 to my 8 zone amp ?And have my Control4 agent program it in? Is the time sync delay noticeable ?

Just now, Chrismccc said:

I was interested to see how you set yours up. The ceiling speakers in the living room are being used today for Control4 music (a room called living room that plays alongside the kitchen etc). in the living room I also have the arc and I just bought the Sonos amp gen2. So this week I will connect the arc to the Sonos amp and receive  surround Sound .

now my problem , which it sounds like you have fixed, is I want to continue seeing the living room as a room in Control4 for music and flip to Sonos surround when watching movies. Should I connect the Sonos amp rca-in to the the digital coax-out from the ea-3 and continue running the ea-3 to my 8 zone amp ?And have my Control4 agent program it in? Is the time sync delay noticeable ?

Matt lowe 

5 minutes ago, Chrismccc said:

Matt lowe 

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone.

Me again on the topic of streaming tidal from Control4 around my house.

my dealer has not been able to fix this so I was hoping someone can explain exactly what he needs to do so I can pass the message on

1. I use tidal on control4

2. I have a number of zones set up on my ea-3 (kitchen , bathroom etc ).

3. I used to have my living room ceiling speakers connected but I now have them into a Sonos s2 amp for my arc surrounds.

4. Now I want to re-add the living room into my zones either by using the ceiling  speakers or my tv (using arc as music output.) and have music played around the house including the living room.

Any views on how to do this please ?

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.