C4 Forums | Control4

Sonos ARC Volume Control Slider

Hello,

Recently installed C4 in my house. I have a Sonos ARC in my master bedroom which integrates nicely into the system. One issue is that the Volume control for the Master Bedroom (ie Sonos ARC) is a simple plus/minus GUI vs a volume slider in all the other rooms. My installer told me that I could not change that because of the Sonos Driver. Has anyone had experience with this?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2021 at 4:07 AM, tekki70 said:

is it possible your using the audio volume endpoint for the tv and not sonos, and using ir driver and not ip? check your video endpoints 

this is likely the problem even if it is an ip controlled tv arc often does not get feedback from the soundbar for volume lefts. You will need to make sure that the endorsed sonos driver is installed and is the endpoint for the room. An easy fix let me know if you need some help.

On 2/4/2021 at 2:47 PM, Matt Lowe said:

this is likely the problem even if it is an ip controlled tv arc often does not get feedback from the soundbar for volume lefts. You will need to make sure that the endorsed sonos driver is installed and is the endpoint for the room. An easy fix let me know if you need some help.

Thank you. That is my guess as well. I remember the installer told me they had to use TV volume control, if I wanted a GUI of volume on the TV for the ARC. I am running optical for the sonos ARC and not HDMI given I have run out of HDMI inputs on my TV. My guess is I can't have both an on screen Volume GUI and also have the volume slider feature

1 hour ago, ptmullett said:

Thank you. That is my guess as well. I remember the installer told me they had to use TV volume control, if I wanted a GUI of volume on the TV for the ARC. I am running optical for the sonos ARC and not HDMI given I have run out of HDMI inputs on my TV. My guess is I can't have both an on screen Volume GUI and also have the volume slider feature

Sadly, your guess is correct.  

On 2/9/2021 at 1:17 PM, ptmullett said:

if you have a neo or sr260 with the latest version of c4 os you can get volume gui on your remote.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.