C4 Forums | Control4

Using Variables as Shade Targets

Playing around trying to get a shade to match the state of other shades in the house with the press of a keypad button. I can capture the desired shade level as a variable when the keypad is pressed, but I'm can't figure out how to set that variable as the shade target level on another shade. Using Lutron RadioRa2 shades and some keypads. Anyone successfully done this and can walk me through how to use the variable when programming?

Can't speak for the Lutron specifically, but if the current level is available as a variable, there's a decent chance the variable is also available for programming - it would be under the device variables of a shade, and would look like 'set variable to the level of' with a drop down to select wither another shade directly, or to a created variable.

@Cyknight I think this is a different question but somewhat related. Is it possible to change the displayed state of the shade icon on the Touchscreen UI & C4 App?  My shade icons always display the opposite state of what they are actually in.  For example, the icon displays the shades in the down position (when they are physically up) and then when I select the down button the icon shows them up and vice versa. 

19 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Can't speak for the Lutron specifically, but if the current level is available as a variable, there's a decent chance the variable is also available for programming - it would be under the device variables of a shade, and would look like 'set variable to the level of' with a drop down to select wither another shade directly, or to a created variable.

Hey thanks for the input @Cyknight! Checked to see if there are commands available on that variable and I dont see any. Screenshots attached below. There are some conditionals I can check against the current level, but I can only "set" a level when programming on the parent device and not the variable itself.

Could this be a shade driver limitation?

Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 8.15.22 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 8.17.03 PM.jpg

1 hour ago, lippavisual said:

Isn't what you're asking for available within the Lutron app/system itself?  I've always programmed against phantom keypads created within Lutron, to trigger groups of shades.  

I've got a RadioRa2 setup and programming in Essentials. Is that kind of programming you've referenced only available with Homeworks?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.