C4 Forums | Control4

Bond Bridge Shout Out

Topfox

Scenario:
Have 9 ceiling fans with lights, and they all have remotes. Some are original manufacturer, some are generic on/off universal. All the them only have a single light switch, so from the switch you don’t have control over the fan vs the light. I had thought there really wasn’t anything I could do to integrate these into my system other than overall on/off by swapping the light switch, then having to use the remote to control if I wanted the fan and light on, etc. 

Forum to the rescue:
I browse the forum pretty often for new ideas. Saw an older thread talking about Bond, and figured I’d give the Bond Bridge a shot although I was worried the advertised 2.5k sq ft of coverage wouldn’t be enough for my home size. Got the Bridge last week for less than $100, got the Chowmain driver and now they are all integrated into my system and working perfectly!  

Definitely wanted to advertise the success of the 2 items in combination in a large home. Time will tell if I have any connection issues or anything like that in the future, but as of right now I’m super excited these are now integrated. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.