C4 Forums | Control4

Rachio and two water sources

rf9000

All,

We are implementing a 12 to 16 zone sprinkler system. The unique thing is that half the zones will be run of an irrigation pump and half the zones will be run off "city" water or regular water supply. Can a single Rachio 16 zone controller distinguish between the two, or will I need two separate controllers for each water source?

Interesting I have the same thing and my installer said he could do it.......be interesting to see. They said as long as it has a Master Flow Valve it can be used. We are using City Water for around the house to prevent rust marks and well for the other 3 acres for obvious reasons.

On 4/15/2021 at 5:52 AM, msgreenf said:

I mean it was just a google search away and not even sure why @rf9000 posted this here as Rachio has it's own forum and their CTO is VERY active in....

Quick google search shows it's possible with slight modification of adding a relay.
https://community.rachio.com/t/multiple-pumps-one-controller/9293/26

2 hours ago, Neo1738 said:

Quick google search shows it's possible with slight modification of adding a relay.
https://community.rachio.com/t/multiple-pumps-one-controller/9293/26

Go back and read the original question and your google link.

Rachio cannot control/distinguish multiple sources, which answers the original posting.

The google link is a work around using relays to trigger a source. Technically this has nothing to do with Rachio.

20 minutes ago, ekohn00 said:

Rachio cannot control/distinguish multiple sources, which answers the original posting.

The google link is a work around using relays to trigger a source. Technically this has nothing to do with Rachio.

We will just purchase 2 8 zone Rachios. I think this is best solution. We have 21 separate wires ran to the location so we have plenty. Question though, do the Rachios just connect via WIFI to C4 or can they be physically connected?

1 hour ago, rf9000 said:

We will just purchase 2 8 zone Rachios. I think this is best solution. We have 21 separate wires ran to the location so we have plenty. Question though, do the Rachios just connect via WIFI to C4 or can they be physically connected?

The rachio is wifi only. Again, this is clear on the rachio box. 

19 hours ago, ekohn00 said:

Yup read it again and I did answer it. The way the rachio will "know" is basically zone control. The relay triggers when the zone triggers and acts like a Master Flow Valve. The Rachio still knows which zone is on and off. So to answer the OP yes 1 rachio can know which zones are on and activate water sources appropriately. Technically the question was answered. I did state the is a work around and not native to the Rachio.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.