C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - Tuya Agent (THIS DRIVER IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE)

alanchow

Question as I am just setting up Tuya now.  Everywhere I look the free trial mentions 1 month, and the paid prices are obviously for corporate use, not personal use

1) Does the free trial expire after 1 month?

2) is there a way to get more API calls without paying $25,000/year or more?

https://developer.tuya.com/en/docs/iot/membership-service?id=K9m8k45jwvg9j

On 4/27/2022 at 12:19 PM, eggzlot said:

Question as I am just setting up Tuya now.  Everywhere I look the free trial mentions 1 month, and the paid prices are obviously for corporate use, not personal use

1) Does the free trial expire after 1 month?

2) is there a way to get more API calls without paying $25,000/year or more?

https://developer.tuya.com/en/docs/iot/membership-service?id=K9m8k45jwvg9j

@Andrew luecke or @alanchow any ideas?

I have this question also as I was looking at Tuya shades.  The link above says it starts at $1,500.00 a month for the cloud API access, not sure if that's for companies integrating their app or for end users, but when I google "tuya API" it takes me to the link eggzlot linked to above.  I'm assuming this must be for developers that are integrating their own apps or something as I can't see many residential customers paying $1,500.00 a month as it says "max 75,000" devices lol.

I have ZigBee Tuya shade controllers and I just find it so buggy all the time so was thinking of switching them for the Wifi version to try this driver but then saw this so wanted to check too.

Tuya guys advised us that the free trial will be automatically extended only for Chowmain customers.  At present it has to be manually extended however if you provide us with the developer details we can get the Tuya guys to action it on your behalf.  Just reach out to us via support ticket or the contact us page on our website with the developer details.

10 hours ago, alanchow said:

Tuya guys advised us that the free trial will be automatically extended only for Chowmain customers.  At present it has to be manually extended however if you provide us with the developer details we can get the Tuya guys to action it on your behalf.  Just reach out to us via support ticket or the contact us page on our website with the developer details.

Thanks Alan - I sent over my username, Cloud Project Name and project code via your form on your website.  If you need the Access ID or Access Secret please let me know.

On 5/4/2022 at 11:02 PM, alanchow said:

Thank you @alanchow - I've just sent my information through the contact us page on your website too

Hi Alan/Andrew,

I’m getting my integrator to add a bunch of Tuya wifi lights using your driver. I also have an IR controlled RGB light and was wondering if the Tuya driver works with wifi smarthubs like this - https://near.sg/collections/smart-home/products/universal-remote

Near uses Tuya for all its lighting products etc, and I think(?) the smarthub is also a Tuya device.

10 hours ago, Kannan_g said:

Hi Alan/Andrew,

I’m getting my integrator to add a bunch of Tuya wifi lights using your driver. I also have an IR controlled RGB light and was wondering if the Tuya driver works with wifi smarthubs like this - https://near.sg/collections/smart-home/products/universal-remote

Near uses Tuya for all its lighting products etc, and I think(?) the smarthub is also a Tuya device.

G'day, for your IR RGB Light if you require wireless IR, one option would be to use LOOKin Remote (which also has BT HID keyboard support)

In regards to using Tuya IR hubs however, they haven't been tested, but for many Control4 Applications, they may potentially be unsuitable. 

You could then combine with https://chowmain.software/drivers/control4-generic-lighting-driver .

• 1 month later...
On 6/16/2022 at 1:55 AM, Benjamin Palmer said:

Tuya driver is not available on Chowmain or Driver Central. We have a client who is unable to control their lights at the moment. Did something happen recently or anyone know what is going on?

G'day. The Tuya driver has been withdrawn from market. If you message me your email address, I'll  provide more info on why and the latest build 20220616 which resolves an issue some systems had with one of the builds which is probably the problem here (on some systems it caused a build system error shown in console, or a driver init error which was due to a variable which didn't exist on some systems). 

Keep in mind, that all existing Tuya drivers must be upgraded by the end of July to ensure continued operation to a version 20220616 or later. We have pushed the latest update to controllers, but all existing installations with the tuya driver should be manually checked before that period ends to ensure they are running the new driver, and are operational as the auto update might not be applied in some cases. The new driver triggers a migration which must happen before the cut off date.

Hope that helps

HI,

My Tuya driver has stopped working in the last few days (not sure exactly when). I am not an installer, i have composer home and can see it is coming up with issues, but don't know what it means. This is the notified status when i look at the driver below.

image.thumb.jpeg.61d6d2e41742c6884f6f93e324390ff7.jpeg

This one is the current driver:

image.jpeg.a54ae4404deb999ff84dbcb59c8d9527.jpeg

and this one is the Lua output which is showing the error:

image.jpeg.7d8c39a31565c415f2d1c3e1cb696fe2.jpeg

i have logged in to my tuya portal and looks fine. the devices all work fine when i activate from outside C4. SO not sure what the issue is or what i can do about it?

Sorry if it is a really stupid question, but has anyone had the same issue, and how did you resolve?

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, SaiS said:

just came across this thread now - any instructions to update the driver would be appreciated. saw the note indicating it has to happen before the end of the month. yikes.

Mitch is correct.. A dealer is required to do so. We can provide them the update link

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/27/2022 at 1:07 AM, thegizzard said:

Does anyone have any background here on the Tuya driver?   Is there a replacement or alternative for controling tuya devices from control4?

If you get your Tuya manufacturer to contact us, we can work with them and Tuya potentially to make a custom driver which will continue working. 

Otherwise, there aren't really any good options

• 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, zaphod said:

Would this Tuya driver allow me to use a Tuya thermometer like this in C4 and grab the temp readings? @Andrew luecke?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004593750562.html

G'day firstly, 

Just a heads up, but the Tuya driver is no longer available (only those who own a copy already can continue to use it, or dealers with showroom licences). 

In regards to compatibility, we've tested a few thermostats, and many work (but some require a few custom settings). BECA in particular seems to have bugs which affect all 3rd party Tuya drivers (I suspect the bugs vary based on firmware, because we had one I was unable to get working correctly). 

So, whilst it should work, we are unable to guarantee without testing. 

Andy

On 9/15/2022 at 7:42 PM, Andrew luecke said:

G'day firstly, 

Just a heads up, but the Tuya driver is no longer available (only those who own a copy already can continue to use it, or dealers with showroom licences). 

In regards to compatibility, we've tested a few thermostats, and many work (but some require a few custom settings). BECA in particular seems to have bugs which affect all 3rd party Tuya drivers (I suspect the bugs vary based on firmware, because we had one I was unable to get working correctly). 

So, whilst it should work, we are unable to guarantee without testing. 

Andy

why did you take down the driver?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.