C4 Forums | Control4

second stream from Chime?

Just switched from DS2 to Chime.  Previously had the DS2  recording to Luma NVR.  DS2 used to output a secondary stream that the NVR would display on a multi-camera layout in the web browser.  Chime does not seem to have the ability to offer a second stream so my Chime camera shows up blank in the multi-camera layout.  Any known workarounds?

9 hours ago, tekki70 said:

it should work and you have to add it to the luma with ip address, user name and password

The Chime is added to the Luma NVR.  It does record, and it does show up in the Luma mobile app in both single and multi-camera views.  Accessing Luma though in web browser, I can only view the Chime in single camera view, which accesses the main/HIGH stream.  When selecting in the web brower the multi camera view (9,4,1+5, 1+7) it pulls in the secondary/MEDIUM streams from each LUMA camera (and previously DS2), but because the Chimes doesn't output a secondary stream the camera comes up blank.

7 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

Sounds like the protocol needs to be changed to not grab a secondary stream - cannot say if the Luma interface allows it or not though.

As I understand it, the case was actually similar with the DS2, not providing a second, lower res stream, but a work-around was somehow created such that Luma recognized the DS2 HIGH stream as a secondary...?

1 minute ago, WisC4 said:

As I understand it, the case was actually similar with the DS2, not providing a second, lower res stream, but a work-around was somehow created such that Luma recognized the DS2 HIGH stream as a secondary...?

I'm not super familiar with Luma, we don't normally use them, but on most NVRs you can define whether or not to grab a second stream for multi-screen display. This is done at the camera protocol level. That would need to be changed/set properly. It's possible that in the Luma interface this is labbeled differently (for example, instead of telling the protocol to not use a second stream, set the url for the second stream the same as the first one) - I'm afraid I can't help you one the details on the Luma.

I am currently testing a chime and noticed there are three different streams all of which can be set with different resolutions. Is there a possibility to have the on screen display pickup a stream set to a lower resolution and then the phone/tablet/touch panels pick up a higher resolution?

On 6/4/2021 at 8:24 PM, WisC4 said:

Just switched from DS2 to Chime.  Previously had the DS2  recording to Luma NVR.  DS2 used to output a secondary stream that the NVR would display on a multi-camera layout in the web browser.  Chime does not seem to have the ability to offer a second stream so my Chime camera shows up blank in the multi-camera layout.  Any known workarounds?

Were you able to resolve this by taking stream 2 from the chime?

On 6/4/2021 at 3:24 PM, WisC4 said:

Are you using ONVIF or RTSP? 

The Chime does have a second stream. In fact, it has 3 streams, one of which is useless. This is why you can choose the resolution for camera and intercom in the driver’s properties. I’m not close to my computer right now, but if you download the Onvif tool and connect to the Chime, you’ll see all 3 streams. Heads up! The VGA stream is actually the 3rd stream. Don’t use the second stream, it is very low quality and it has a crop. I have my Chime connected to my NVR and I can pull both hi-res and low-res streams.  

hello. 

I recently had a chime installed and when accessing feeds it looks to me like the 2nd stream would be for package notifications. Any chance anyone has programing to take advantage of this view?

I was actually worried that i didn’t have a view of the mat at my front door as the 1st/3rd streams don’t show it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.