C4 Forums | Control4

Confirm Action Pop-Up

nxr

Hello, is there a way to trigger a pop-up asking to confirm an action before proceeding?  Issue is we have a WatchTV custom button that I want to make sure is intentionally pressed when the projector is already on to avoid switching the display.

Not that I know of however you could do some programming logic w a timer giving you a chance to stop the action. Would need a confirmation custom button, timer, and programming. If using SR260 can use the RBGY on bottom for this purpose or another custom button 1 2 or 3.

When custom button is pressed

? If projector is on x input start timer, set custom variable TV Change to false

Else
Switch input

Under timer

When timer starts send push notification (you have changed the input of projector during use)

When timer expires 
? If custom button true change input to y
Set custom variable TV Change to false
Else

Do nothing

The other custom button will change the variable to true so that when timer expires it confirms. 

Could also do something simpler like have to hit a combination of buttons to get it to work. 

Ie custom button 1 changes variable to true
Custom button 2 logic is 
?If variable true change projector

Set variable to false

This way you need to hit 2 buttons to get it to happen. Hope this helps.

If you’re using the theater display switcher driver in a single room for a tv and projector, there’s no way not to execute switching between the displays when pressing the custom buttons.

your only option with the driver is to hide the buttons.

Or set up a 2 room scenario: theater-TV and theater- projector.  Won’t have to worry about switching displays, you’d just have to switch rooms to choose which display you want. 

On 8/22/2021 at 11:16 AM, eggzlot said:

I use the two button approach with a FOB for my garage door.  Little extra security and prevents an accidental open or close.

Press button 1.  Start a timer (10 seconds)

press button 2 - if said timer is running, open/close the garage door.

I like that better bc than you don't even need the variable just if the timer is running. Nice. 

Thank you.

The way I have it set up now is that there is a custom button for WatchTV and another for WatchMovie. Each trigger respective macros . So they are going around the theater display switcher.

I’m using a Neeo remote in this room 

Inevitably what happens is that we chose WatchMovie and projector goes on and, because the  remote doesn’t automatically move you off that screen, someone hits WatchTV by accident  and the projector and screen go up. 

I could disable the WatchTV macro for a set amount of time after the projector is chosen but then I can’t change my mind as easily as to what to watch 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.