C4 Forums | Control4

What's the best way to control the volume in two rooms from a keypad button?

zaphod

I have keypad buttons (these are the old gen 1 keypads, but I don't think that matters) bound to Vol Up and Vol Down for a room using the Room Control.  How do I also control the volume in a second room from the same keypad buttons so the action is the same in the second room as well?  It seems that the buttons can't be bound to the Room Control Volume commands in more than one room?

The amp is one of the older C4 4 zone amps.  So I could do a "When the variable OUTPUT_02_VOLUME_LEVEL changes, change the volume on OUTPUT_03 to equal OUTPUT_02", but this seems like a klugey way.  Is there a better way to do this?  I don't necessarily always want to keep the volume level the same in both rooms, but I want the keypad buttons to cause the volume to go up or down in both rooms.

5 hours ago, chopedogg88 said:

Easy - use a room control driver that is linked to both rooms.

This (I.e. and extra Room Control driver that links to 2 rooms) or a Media Scene could also do the job but would need some Activating and deactivating code if you don’t want every method of volume control to control both rooms…

Thanks - I have that working now.  I did not know that you could use the Room Control drivers with multiple rooms at once.  The nice thing is that you don't need a dealer to do this, assuming that the binding is already set up.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.