C4 Forums | Control4

Anyone running C4 Android app in Windows 11 Subsystem for Android?

zaphod

7 hours ago, Andrew luecke said:

Looks like its live in Australian Amazon Appstore.. Good riddance to bluestacks.. Really fast too.. Great work guys (this should save some time during development)

image.thumb.png.04a05145dd237399f3a8a4726167a4c7.png

image.thumb.png.de229bb1756d3594556b890676c5e313.png

Sweet. Ok this is going to drive me nuts on why it doesn’t show up when I search the AppStore. Lol

3 minutes ago, Topfox said:

Sweet. Ok this is going to drive me nuts on why it doesn’t show up when I search the AppStore. Lol

You need to use the Amazon AppStore, NOT the Microsoft one.. also, guessing you need to install the Android subsystem too? Generally here in Australia though, we're the last ones to get these things 

7 minutes ago, Andrew luecke said:

You need to use the Amazon AppStore, NOT the Microsoft one.. also, guessing you need to install the Android subsystem too? Generally here in Australia though, we're the last ones to get these things 

Yep. Using the Amazon App Store and Android subsystem. Since it wasn’t showing when I search for it, I eventually just downloaded the apk from another site so I do have it running at the moment. It’s just super weird that it isn’t coming up. I do see it if I search for it in the Web version of the Amazon App Store, and it lists my windows device as a compatible device in that experience so yeah totally beats me at the moment. 

And of course after all my complaining, I go downstairs to try to figure it out some more and now it is showing up..lol.

I think what my issue was is that my PC was showing up twice in my list of Amazon Devices.  I de-registered the older record, and now it shows.  Although before I did that, I was able to see other apps in the Amazon App Store, so still a little weird but hey it is working now.

With that said I still can't get opening cameras beyond the thumbnail view to work.

On 5/11/2023 at 2:40 PM, Darin, C4 PM UI said:

The Control4 for OS 3 app has officially been released through the Amazon app store on Windows Subsystem for Android.  Note that the Microsoft and Amazon haven't rolled out support to all countries and regions yet, but as they do this will become available to you.

Here is their current list of Countries and regions that support Amazon Appstore on Windows.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/countries-and-regions-that-support-amazon-appstore-on-windows-d8dd17c7-5994-4187-9527-ddb076f9493e

Nice y'all are supporting the app in Windows!

Question: Does this version offer any advantages over sideloading? Mine has been working great for a year, albeit without notifications, which would def. be a plus.

• 5 months later...

@zaphod,
Thanks for mentioning this, I had the Android development team double check things to make sure everything was setup properly to distribute to all markets since Canada is in the currently supported markets. They discovered that Windows 11 support had been unchecked for the last 2 versions due to a change in the app submission flow with all the updates that Amazon has been making to their developer console. They've fixed the issue and resubmitted the app for review, so you can expect it to be available again within 24-48 hours.

For reference of what countries offer support for the Windows Subsystem for Android and the Amazon App Store you can reference the link below.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/countries-and-regions-that-support-amazon-appstore-on-windows-d8dd17c7-5994-4187-9527-ddb076f9493e

2 hours ago, Darin, PM C4 CX,UI said:

@zaphod,
Thanks for mentioning this, I had the Android development team double check things to make sure everything was setup properly to distribute to all markets since Canada is in the currently supported markets. They discovered that Windows 11 support had been unchecked for the last 2 versions due to a change in the app submission flow with all the updates that Amazon has been making to their developer console. They've fixed the issue and resubmitted the app for review, so you can expect it to be available again within 24-48 hours.

Thanks Darin.  Was that oversight just in the Amazon Appstore for Canada, or for all supported countries?

I use the official Windows 11 app everyday, it’s very helpful for remote programming and troubleshooting with clients.  I had used the unofficial apk install for about a year (windows 11 upgrade broke my blue stacks, so I dug in). What was nice about the unofficial apk install was that intercom worked…. But it was hard to update, so I stick with the supported version.

5 hours ago, Audio Obsessions said:

I use the official Windows 11 app everyday, 

What's the official Windows 11 app?  Or do you mean the Android app running under WSA on Windows 11?

I only say this to clarify for people - there used to be a Control4 "native" Windows application that ran using Flash.  But that went away years ago, or at least when OS3 was released.

I use it (now the official, previously sideloaded) and it's great.

One issue I can't figure out though, if anyone has: My camera live feeds are too small/don't fill the window anymore. Happens whether in live preview or single cam. Oddly, it didn't always do this -- issue just started about 6m ago...

image.thumb.jpeg.4c51f8adf47cb2e02b7ec26b0891c741.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.