C4 Forums | Control4

When/Then Timer

YseanY

I'm new the C4 and have been try to set some automations via When/Then on the homeowner portal. I'm set timers on bathroom fans where they would turn off after X amount of time but cannot seem to get it to work. When I select the button/fan, I see the option to "Set, restart, or turn off a timer on a light, fan or keypad". After clicking that, I would select the fan I want the timer to apply to but after that, the page is blank. It doesn't give me any options to continue. Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 2.24.49 PM.png

I think a timer needs to be defined in the system via Pro or HE before you can use it in When/Then (which almost defeats the purpose!).  What you can do in When/Then is "Wait for a period of time" and that command is at the bottom of the "Then do this" actions list.  The wait can be in the middle of a string of commands.

When/Then seems to be a quick way to get straight forward stuff done (i.e. when this button is pushed then do that).  For example, I used When/Then to program an SR-260 button to toggle room lamps on and off.  And it is very good and fast for those type of tasks.  If you are looking for more sophisticated scenarios, HE, your dealer, or one of the remote dealers/programmers on this forum are your best bet.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.