C4 Forums | Control4

Is it possible to hide all Cameras from a specific user?

416to305

Question

Is it possible to hide things like Cameras entirely but as a per user level?  For example, if I have an account for my kids for them to use the C4 app, is there a way to fully block the Cameras option entirely, but still allow Cameras to be shown on T4s etc?  If they can't be blocked on a per user basis, is it possible to fully block them on the mobile app but allow them still on other navigators? Or lastly, is there a way to have them ONLY be accessible if the phone/navigator is on the LAN, but not accessible remotely?

5 answers to this question

Best you can do (if you are really wanting to lock down camera viewing) is to make the cameras visible in one room only (called cameras - I guess) and then you can lock down the ability to change rooms (without a pin code) for some (all or none) touchscreens and not others and for app users.  I cannot recall if all app users have to have the same lock down or if you can differentiate by user.  I seem to recall that you can differentiate by app user as long as each user has been set up as a different identity in myControl4 (as opposed to everyone downloading the app and logging in using your credentials).  I may be wrong on this last point as it is a long time since I have played with the identity agent and the access agent.

19 hours ago, 416to305 said:

Is it possible to hide things like Cameras entirely but as a per user level?  For example, if I have an account for my kids for them to use the C4 app, is there a way to fully block the Cameras option entirely, but still allow Cameras to be shown on T4s etc?  If they can't be blocked on a per user basis, is it possible to fully block them on the mobile app but allow them still on other navigators? Or lastly, is there a way to have them ONLY be accessible if the phone/navigator is on the LAN, but not accessible remotely?

I’m curious…it sounds like you’re afraid your kids will use your cameras to spy on you? Like you’re okay with them seeing them at home, but not okay with them seeing them when they’re away?

I would guess that you could specify certain users don’t have “remote access” but I’ll admit I’ve never tried. I need to look in to the whole “user account” thing more…

20 hours ago, 416to305 said:

Not in a Control4 system 🙃

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.