C4 Forums | Control4

Router reset caused loss of communication with control4

I'm a homeowner and not a technician. My local ISP told me to reset my Luxul ABX4400 to factory settings. When I did this it caused my Control4 to have limited functions. I can still connect to my tv but my volume levels won't change. I also cant use my remotes to work with my Roku. My local Control4 vender can't come out for about a week. Is there a solution for this? Do I just need to reset some port forwarding or something? Thanks!!

3 hours ago, Rxman95 said:

I'm a homeowner and not a technician. My local ISP told me to reset my Luxul ABX4400 to factory settings. When I did this it caused my Control4 to have limited functions. I can still connect to my tv but my volume levels won't change. I also cant use my remotes to work with my Roku. My local Control4 vender can't come out for about a week. Is there a solution for this? Do I just need to reset some port forwarding or something? Thanks!!

your dhcp scope was prob changed in the past and now that you reset the modem it is back to factory and the devices don't know what to do now.

you could change the scope back if you know what it was or a dealer will need to fix

1 hour ago, Rxman95 said:

as mentioned your DHCP scheme probably changed.

A remote dealer (there is a sub forum here) could potentially help you depending on your knowledge of your system.  you do not have to do any programming but mostly just know the devices (tvs, remotes, etc) in your house and re-ID them, etc.  

As described your ip addresses all changed. So for roku for instance if it was bound to an ip address that is no longer the roku, remote is sending commands to some other ip not the roku's. Def want to make a backup of bound ip addresses before any resets of routers in the future. 

2 hours ago, Neo1738 said:

Def want to make a backup of bound ip addresses before any resets of routers in the future. 

And you probably don't want to use your ISP's device as a router and WAP.  Get your own router and WAP(s) and set the ISP's device into bridge mode so that it only acts as a modem.  But that may not be possible if you also have TV from your ISP, such as an IPTV solution, and it is using your LAN to communicate to set top boxes at TVs throughout your house.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.