C4 Forums | Control4

Samsung Frame Issue with C4

EA3 Controller

SR260 Remotes

Multiple Samsung Frame TV's

Inputs - Xfinity(HDMI1) & Roku(HDMI2)

With created activities for the frame I have watch xfinity and watch Roku

If I power off when using either activity and then shortly thereafter start a different activity. (Power off xfinity, then turn on Roku scene)

The TV will not change to the proper inputs. If I turn off activity and wait 10 seconds I can then start a different activity from the powered off state and it works everytime.

According to C4 support the Frame tv when turned off doesn't actually turn off for another 10 seconds after screen goes dark. 

There a way to remedy this? A visual que and delay in remote use after Power off has started? 

Edited by lostndashuffle

I meant to call it an activity. 

From an all devices off mode, I start the activity named  "watch xfinity"  TV powers on, xfinity powers on, Frame changes to correct inputs. 

When powering off activity (all devices off)

And within ten seconds I decide to start a different activity. I start "Watch roku" the tv powers on, roku powers on, tv changes input, then jumps right back to former input. Sometimes doesn't try to change input. 

Normally this wouldn't be an issue as who turns a TV off to power it back on. But customer turned it off and them decided they were going to watch Netflix and then the issue showed its head

22 hours ago, lostndashuffle said:

When powering off activity (all devices off)

And within ten seconds I decide to start a different activity.

Stop doing that then. You don't have to shut everything off when you're changing what you're watching - just select the Roku with everything already on.

Yes sammies are slow to shut down and/or just set to refuse to respond to commands - there's nothing to be done there.

On 10/15/2022 at 4:25 AM, tekki70 said:

if you dont want any delay to the tv then control it with RS232, it works flawless, we have many out there without issues being controlled ip, but we have had a few that kept losing its pairing so we switched them to RS232 control

Problem with Frame is the lack of control over the artwork and/or native apps (if needed/desired) with anything other than IP

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.