C4 Forums | Control4

Can this be done?

jfh

I have a TV where the sound is provided through an AVR with the built in TV speaker volume set to zero (probably like most).

I would like a way to have two navigator icons - one where sound is as above, one where the found would be at some non-zero TV speaker volume and with the AVR powered off.

can that be done?  If so how?  I was thinking about a macro but would like to have something in the navigator to set or choose a default.

Would that require two audio endpoints for the room? I presume one for the AVR and one for the TV?

Two rooms is the typical answer, and then figuring out how you're going to switch the video sources without using the AVR.

I see this asked occasionally, and don't understand why you'd want to use the lousy TV speakers.
If it's at night or such don't disturb others, than changing surround modes is more effective.
And typically it's more intrusive with the TV speakers because they are so bad they get turned way up to even hear anything.

2 minutes ago, RAV said:

Two rooms is the typical answer, and then figuring out how you're going to switch the video sources without using the AVR.

I see this asked occasionally, and don't understand why you'd want to use the lousy TV speakers.

My wife wants the option to use the screen speaker on a Sony A80K TV and there is no connection to use it as a center channel.

1 hour ago, jfh said:

I have a TV where the sound is provided through an AVR with the built in TV speaker volume set to zero (probably like most).

I would like a way to have two navigator icons - one where sound is as above, one where the found would be at some non-zero TV speaker volume and with the AVR powered off.

can that be done?  If so how?  I was thinking about a macro but would like to have something in the navigator to set or choose a default.

Would that require two audio endpoints for the room? I presume one for the AVR and one for the TV?

One room setup, but u need to make the default Video and Audio Video endpoint for the most used case AVR or TV, in my case I have the TV as default, created a custom menu for the AVR, Power On/Off, Vol +, Vol -, Mute

This is the exact setup in my living room, if I need an amplified sound I just turn AVR custom key On and via programing it brings TV sound to zero and adjust sound, I then use the other 2 custom buttons Vol+/Vol- to change Volume

I find the 2 room setup a bit stupid and it’s one of the issues with C4 that currently not addressed properly!

1 hour ago, jfh said:

My wife wants the option to use the screen speaker on a Sony A80K TV and there is no connection to use it as a center channel.

It’s either/Or, it will be awful sound as 📺 🔊 will not match any decent amplified speakers and they will not be in sync creating an echo

3 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

But...why in the world would she? It won't (shouldn't if you've got even poor quality speakers) make it any better.

Because she liked the sound in the showroom and said we should get the TV if she could have a way to easily switch between audio options.

I would set it through the AVR as default and hope she forgets about the other option since I generally run the TV ;)

1 hour ago, jfh said:

Because she liked the sound in the showroom and said we should get the TV if she could have a way to easily switch between audio options.

I would set it through the AVR as default and hope she forgets about the other option since I generally run the TV ;)

U can still creates a custom button for achieving this

On 10/15/2022 at 5:10 PM, Cyknight said:

But...why in the world would she? It won't (shouldn't if you've got even poor quality speakers) make it any better.

Went back to Magnolia today on an unrelated matter and one of the consultants convinced my wife this is a bad idea and we should just run all sound through the AVR so I now have one less issue to worry about. ;)

(For my safety I did not remind her that was my recommendation in the first place and the way the TV works now)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.