C4 Forums | Control4

Samsung Frame

9 minutes ago, RyanE said:

Do they have static IP addresses and/or a static addressed DHCP assignment?

How are they identified in the project?  With SDDP or via IP address?

RyanE

They have static IP addresses assigned. when checking the tv's they still show the same IP address. 

I think they were SDDP

2 hours ago, lostndashuffle said:

"for those that can"? have you used it yet?

Yes.
Since one connect was in rack, it was piece of cake. Plug in stereo mini to mini, set to null in navigator.
Has dedicated Art On, Art Off and most anything else you could want.

If you have a controller close by the serial driver works (assuming the frame has the serial connection, some don't) - I tested it over cat6 cable and it started to miss quite a few commands once I went to approx 50 feet.

PS that's not surprising as such as serial isn't rated above 50 feet. I'd say 40f was still fine.

Never tried, we just considered it for at least being able to start art mode (we rarely use built in apps at all, other than art mode) - and then I only used in one the location where a wired connection was just NOT an option (true marble covered walls, we weren't touching that - so a local EA1 on wifi) so not sure.

In the end it's cheaper to but a small ups behind the TV in the wall with the OneConnect for the handful of cases where power issues are a (common, longterm) concern or TV is problematic to get to/manually turn on once in a blue moon

On 2/16/2023 at 10:07 PM, Cyknight said:

"unknownmac" issue? Identify them via their IP instead. Well after checking if the mac address in the driver is not the wrong one.

in connections - network - when powered off they show not addressed. 

can power the tv back on for a watch scene, will then show the correct IP and Mac address. Will not launch the correct input on start of watch scene, will use last used input, after switching to that device via the remote, it will control that device, then i can start a different watch scene and it will swap inputs as intended

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.