C4 Forums | Control4

Comcast - does IP work now?

fleon

Hey, a few years ago IP control was completely broken on the comcast boxes. 

1) Does IP work pretty well now?

2) I see that there are only 4 STBs listed as compatible.   I'm actually not sure how to tell which one I have.  Does anyone know?

The IP Control on the Xfinity X1 set-top boxes is fairly simple, and mainly replaces IR control, but as far as I know, it's never once been 'broken' since it was released, almost 5 years ago.

At some point (hopefully soon) there will also be voice control available with the Xfinity IP driver and Halo remotes.

The model information on your box should be listed on a label on the set top box, or if you hit the 'info' button twice, I believe it brings up the hardware information on the screen (unless I'm mistaken, it could be 'menu' twice).

RyanE

4 hours ago, chopedogg88 said:

I'll second that, I've never experienced any broken-ness of IP control, it has worked really well in my experience actually.  Can't wait for the voice control - is that ever going to happen as promised?

The IP voice functionality is in the process of being slowly rolled out to set top boxes, and once that's happened and some post rollout testing happens on the Control4 side, it should be released.

I'm not going to state a date, because, believe it or not, million device (multiple models as well) rollouts for some reason are complicated...  :)  

RyanE

• 2 months later...

Bumping this back up.   Hoping someone has a suggestion....  the documentation for setting up the settop box for IP control is

1) Activate IP Control on your STB (this requires the Xfinity Remote and an Ethernet connection to the SB):

* Press and Hold the Xfinity button for 3 seconds.

* Press the "DOWN", "DOWN", "3" buttons.

* This will open the STB Diagnostics Menu (there will be several seconds of lag while it loads).

* Scroll down to 'Remote Controls' and select.

* Scroll to IP Control and select.

* With the Diagnostics IP Control page open:

- Press and Hold "A" for 5 seconds.

- Press "4", "7", "7" buttons ("I","P","R").

- Press and Hold "A" for 5 seconds.

* A message will tell you that you are activating IP Control and your STB will reboot.

The remote control does not have an "A".    Any ideas how to progess past that step?

Ok, user error, wrong remote.   Don't ask.

However, I get to the point now where it says it's toggling IP control, reboots, but then still says IP control False.   

It's also not getting an IP from DHCP.  Is there another place where I can tell it to use DHCP?  I'm not sure what the problem is here.

ip control works and now if your box has the latest software voice control works with halo. i have been controlling my xfinity flex box for 4 years and has never lost ip control. you just need to have an older xfinity remote with the A button to setup the ip control and then complete the directions to enable 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.