C4 Forums | Control4

FireTV turns on by itself

Just purchased an Insignia FireTV and in process of having dealer finalize adding the bindings today hopefully though it's listed in my project right now.  However, in the middle of the night the TV turns itself on.  This morning I turned it off and by the time I was on my way out the door it had turned itself on again. 

I had previously returned an Amazon FireTV that was doing the same thing so I'm wondering if this is a known FireTV issue or a Control4/FireTV interaction issue?  Has anyone seen this happen with their C4 integration of FireTVs?

The TV is fully updated, there is no remote control issue (ie remote isn't being squished in a couch), etc

1 hour ago, msgreenf said:

disable HDMI CEC?

I have that disabled, same thing as my other failed FireTV .....  

Just Googling, seems this is a widespread issue with FireTV's and randomly powering on without any reason.  Was hoping to use a cheap TV in the location without buying something like a Sony or higher end TV in the 43" size.

I've disabled every setting I can see on the TV including autoplay of video and audio, HDMI CEC/ARC, notifications turned off, power control off, remote play off, deleted Netflix (read some people had issue with that causing booting to Netflix).... so far after an hour it's staying off.  At first with just a few things such as HDMI CEC/ARC it was still turning on after about 5 minutes....

I'll monitor today... If it comes back on, TV goes back.

Anyone with experience with Google TVs?  I've read that Roku is fairly proprietary and doesn't allow alot of apps to be used (such as Kodi)...

Looks like it came back on again so I think rather than waste more time configuring, I'm going to return this TV....

I'm considering a Google TV (possibly cheaper Hisense brand since it's a master bathroom TV that won't be used alot).  Just wondering how well Google TV/Hisense brand does with Control4?

Kodi will not play on Roku, also there are no IPTV apps that will work on Roku as well, so understand the limitation, other zanzat it integrates flawlessly to C4, u’ll not complain from that

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.