C4 Forums | Control4

Control 4 4-zone amplifier question

dbrownps

Question

I have a Control4 system with 4 zones. The Control4 4-zone amp (C4-8AMP1-8) is not working. A neighbor is willing to give me theirs as they are moving to Sonos. Does the amp have to be programmed using the Control 4 software, or can I just install it and it will correctly pick the programming from the existing Control 4 head end unit? I would connect everything exactly the same as the old amp.

6 answers to this question

I don't believe the amp has to be programmed in. The amp is a dumb device, that is only required to be programmed in to endpoint connections. If you have a separate AMS and amp, the C4 system doesn't know what amp the AMS outputs are connected to, so it should work just by swapping the equipment.

20 hours ago, bballjn64 said:

I don't believe the amp has to be programmed in. The amp is a dumb device, that is only required to be programmed in to endpoint connections. If you have a separate AMS and amp, the C4 system doesn't know what amp the AMS outputs are connected to, so it should work just by swapping the equipment.

You need to stop believing things, and start reading things.

That's not a dumb amp. It needs to be programmed in.

It’s a matrix amp, it needs to be programmed in and endpoints set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Cyknight said:

You need to stop believing things, and start reading things.

That's not a dumb amp. It needs to be programmed in.

I replied to a previous comment that I misread the model number and thought it was just the 16 channel amp. The original poster stated it was an amp, not a matrixed amp. Sorry for any temporary or permanent emotional damage I may have caused you or any others. I've seen other posts where people stated amplifiers had to be programmed in, when it was just a dumb amp so I wanted to clarify that just because it has a C4 logo on it, doesn't mean it requires programming.

cheers

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.