C4 Forums | Control4

Cinema media player with ability to start a movie via composer HELP

Tuur

Question

Anyone has a solution for a cinema media player that can start a movie by composer programming .

We ar bylding a demo cinema and we want to start a movie by one press at at button .

This cinema is external located and we want a simple way that a custommer can press a demo butten and witin a few seconds it starts my programming lets say sreens open , lights dimmed and begin a atmos demo .

No problem with the trigger for lights and other things, this can be done by simple programming with a c4 keypad or trigger on the Core .

Only i cant find a player that can start a movie by direct programming ore from any favorites.

Dont want to program lets say an apple tv to go left ricct oke oke etc etc to go to a movie, it must be 98% working al the time.

Kaleidescape not supported here in NL

Found the Zappitio player that was perfect only they are out of business 10-2023 

Anyone any idea how ore what could be a sollution for me.

Sorry for my bad typing ;-)

7 answers to this question

Zappiti is out of business, but R-volution is taking over their product line and has released an app for the Zappiti players to replace the Zappiti app. However, I do not know if Chowmain's Zappiti driver, which is excellent, will work with the new R_volution app. 

https://www.rvolution.com

Another option might be Zidoo. When Zappiti closed shop, I switched to a Zidoo player. It has a free C4 driver and has many of the same options as the Zappiti did for control, including an option to view the media on a server. I am not certain a specific movie can be programmed to be triggered with a touch of button, but I can play around in HE and see. 

On 12/2/2023 at 1:45 AM, lippavisual said:

If it’s only one file, just toss a digital signage player in like a Brightsign or something.  Can send web commands to the player with a TCP/IP driver.

Only Brightsign will not support a lot of audio formats , as we informed they only support AC3 passtrough, i dont now if this will give problems with my marantz cinema 40 amp 

On 12/1/2023 at 10:31 PM, BY96 said:

Zappiti is out of business, but R-volution is taking over their product line and has released an app for the Zappiti players to replace the Zappiti app. However, I do not know if Chowmain's Zappiti driver, which is excellent, will work with the new R_volution app. 

https://www.rvolution.com

Another option might be Zidoo. When Zappiti closed shop, I switched to a Zidoo player. It has a free C4 driver and has many of the same options as the Zappiti did for control, including an option to view the media on a server. I am not certain a specific movie can be programmed to be triggered with a touch of button, but I can play around in HE and see. 

Thanks for the update , i have send a mail to Rvolution and chowmain for a update if the driver works with the same programming options, will keep you all updated if i get a response .

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.