C4 Forums | Control4

Help needed with Older Dimmers / Switches / Keypads

MochaRulz

I have the old style dimmers, switches and keypads: C4-DIM1, LDZ-101 and KPB-681.  We needed to add several more to our house and didnt want to have unmatched ones.  I purchased a few from ebay that are fully functional but are on the old zigbee (pre1.8).  I am trying to find a programmer that can upgrade these switches/dimmers/keypads to zigbee pro so that i can add them in to my setup.

Does any one have a programmer in the SoCal area that can do this otherwise i am happy to mail these out to you to upgrade and send back as well.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you

I am aware of that as i had to go through that 10+ years ago when i went from the HC300s etc to the HC800s and OS 2.  I am just looking to have 8 devices upgraded.  For the most part it is set and let the controller upgrade them from what i remember.

I do believe you need one of the older controllers and running the old OS to be able to do the upgrade.  If there is another way i am all ears :) 

59 minutes ago, MochaRulz said:

I am aware of that as i had to go through that 10+ years ago when i went from the HC300s etc to the HC800s and OS 2.  I am just looking to have 8 devices upgraded.  For the most part it is set and let the controller upgrade them from what i remember.

I do believe you need one of the older controllers and running the old OS to be able to do the upgrade.  If there is another way i am all ears :) 

Not really. You have to have an hc250 running 2.5.3 and then do the embernet upgrade mode. It's an onsite project. Like 20 min a switch. No real money savings vs current devices 

8 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Not really. You have to have an hc250 running 2.5.3 and then do the embernet upgrade mode. It's an onsite project. Like 20 min a switch. No real money savings vs current devices 

Significant money savings imho. Replace whole house with new switches so they all match or pay for upgrade for 8 switches (3 hours approx).  Not to mention if we do switch all of them then i have to hear the wife complain how she likes the way the older ones look and feel better.

LED bulbs not really an issue if you use the correct ones.  The older switches came in different models for lower power led bulbs.

I used to have an old HC300 I keep around for ages to do the embernet upgrade. Once I updated all of my old switches and my last customer to zigbee pro years ago I gave it away. It's time consuming and I believe cost prohibitive to a pay dealer (if you could even find one thats willing) to do it at this point... I would recommend trying to buy old style that have already been updated to zigbee pro.  I still have a few floating around if your interested I could look but not sure I would have 8.

1 hour ago, MochaRulz said:

Significant money savings imho. Replace whole house with new switches so they all match or pay for upgrade for 8 switches (3 hours approx).  Not to mention if we do switch all of them then i have to hear the wife complain how she likes the way the older ones look and feel better.

LED bulbs not really an issue if you use the correct ones.  The older switches came in different models for lower power led bulbs.

There is no way the old ones look better than the no one. But personal preference. 

As for upgrading I would put new ones in 1-2 rooms and move stuff around vs upgrading entire house 

22 hours ago, Alt said:

if you could even find one thats willing

Heh, if client is willing to pay hourly rate for a dealer to send someone to sit there and do it, it'd be silly to not to be willing to do it as a dealer.

But it's likely cheaper to purchase essential devices ...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.