C4 Forums | Control4

Samsung TV Control4 driver

John1199

Hello community.

There is Samsung QE85QN800CUXUA and I am looking for a driver to connect it to Control4 system. Actually, the device is discovered by C4:

image.png.9e136e898d1bf309cfed35f5b0f59d39.png

More info:

image.png.f9acc13052b0268fc051494b317a5c63.png

But when I am trying to add this device to room, I see next message:

image.png.2bd38d309cfe5c12ea15a540e820a3c0.png

I understand I have no tv_ip_Samsung_QE85QN800CUXUA.c4z file located on my PC and C4 drivers database. If I understand correctly, there is (I suppose it exists) a C4 driver for such type of TV, but I cannot find it. Does anyone have an experience with connection Samsung TVs to C4? Where can I donwload C4 driver for this type of Samsung TV? 

I did not find this driver in Control4 drivers database. I found for similar models, but not for this one.

1 hour ago, lippavisual said:

Just use a similar model where the driver is available.  Commands are all the same.

I tried similar drivers. It does not works (in connections -> network section for added C4 driver I typed IP address of Samsung TV). But still does not works:

image.thumb.png.b47fa4948ec8c64db04c84cdac6a8938.png

One more moment: MAC address displayed in MAC Address section is correct and responds to real TV MAC address. Thus, C4 connected to TV succesfully, but I cannot control it via C4 navigators.

What should I do in such situation?

31 minutes ago, John1199 said:

I tried similar drivers. It does not works (in connections -> network section for added C4 driver I typed IP address of Samsung TV). But still does not works:

image.thumb.png.b47fa4948ec8c64db04c84cdac6a8938.png

One more moment: MAC address displayed in MAC Address section is correct and responds to real TV MAC address. Thus, C4 connected to TV succesfully, but I cannot control it via C4 navigators.

What should I do in such situation?

Did you click on the Actions tab in Composer, and then click "Pair with TV" (and then approve the pairing request via the TV remote on the TV when it pops up)?  I've seen them show offline but have other pieces populated correctly before the pairing process is complete.

15 hours ago, msgreenf said:

Did you follow the instructions? 

Yes, I followed driver's instruction. There are a lot of drivers for Samsung TV but instructions for them are similar. 

I switched on remote IP control function (if you mean this). For now, I don't know what to do with it.

15 hours ago, dw886 said:

Did you click on the Actions tab in Composer, and then click "Pair with TV" (and then approve the pairing request via the TV remote on the TV when it pops up)?  I've seen them show offline but have other pieces populated correctly before the pairing process is complete.

Yes, I click "Pair with TV" button, but there was no pop-up message on TV

1 hour ago, John1199 said:

Yes, I click "Pair with TV" button, but there was no pop-up message on TV

yep. thats why i am asking. tried so many samsung eu tvs up to 2021 models but without success.
no pop-up messages have appeared. i don´t know why, but many samsung eu models don´t work with control4.
i ended up by controlling them by CEC, IR or RS232(exlink). it seams that your one connect box has no exlink anymore. sad.

19 minutes ago, Kaas Mayer said:

yep. thats why i am asking. tried so many samsung eu tvs up to 2021 models but without success.
no pop-up messages have appeared. i don´t know why, but many samsung eu models don´t work with control4.
i ended up by controlling them by CEC, IR or RS232(exlink). it seams that your one connect box has no exlink anymore. sad.

Actually, I am not 100% sure about EU or US model of TV. Where can I find such info? - somewhere in TV menu (I did not find such info in "about this TV" section)? In any case thank you for your answer. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.