C4 Forums | Control4

Can upgrade be done remotely

prabeau

Question

Contemplating upgrade from HC800 to an EA5 and wondering if this can be done remotely ?

After looking at the connections on both could I just make the same physical connections ?

Thanks

12 answers to this question

If I had an iphone3 and didn't want to spend $ 1200 on a 15 I might.

Look if I had an unlimited budget I would go with the latest and it would add absolutely nothing more to my minimalist system.

I love this forum and have learned much. I am sure I am not the only one here who isn't chasing the biggest and the newest.

Thanks

Just an old goat trying to keep up.

34 minutes ago, prabeau said:

If I had an iphone3 and didn't want to spend $ 1200 on a 15 I might.

Look if I had an unlimited budget I would go with the latest and it would add absolutely nothing more to my minimalist system.

I love this forum and have learned much. I am sure I am not the only one here who isn't chasing the biggest and the newest.

Thanks

Just an old goat trying to keep up.

I totally get it. But you also have to understand that you're upgrading for a reason and you're upgrading to equipment that will be end of life at some point soon after you buy it. So trying to avoid you spending money in a less wise way

My HC800 is getting tired and could replace it with an EA5 at a fraction of a Core. Since I am not planning any major changes or addition to project ,,,,,,

I fully understand your point but the bottom line is the Core is out of reach for me. 

I do appreciate your comments 

Anyway I would still like someone to answer my question.

7 hours ago, prabeau said:

My HC800 is getting tired and could replace it with an EA5 at a fraction of a Core. Since I am not planning any major changes or addition to project ,,,,,,

I fully understand your point but the bottom line is the Core is out of reach for me. 

I do appreciate your comments 

Anyway I would still like someone to answer my question.

I answered your question first. 

23 hours ago, prabeau said:

Contemplating upgrade from HC800 to an EA5 and wondering if this can be done remotely ?

After looking at the connections on both could I just make the same physical connections ?

Thanks

like msgreenf said you can do it remotely - but you will need a pc you can anydesk to with composer on - to load new project file onto your new EA5

On 1/23/2024 at 12:59 PM, prabeau said:

Thanks

We went from HC800 to Core 3 and had the dealer on site - Its a bit of major Upgrade 

He was on site for 4 Hours - Has Mitch says it tricky 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.