C4 Forums | Control4

Kitchen - add duplicate TV

So, first world problem, I have a TV in my kitchen and want to add another TV about 15 feet away.  So, in the pic, over the refrigerator.  I can easily get power to the location, but ethernet/hdmi to the TV from the basement is a problem.  I have been searching for options and there are hdmi wireless options.  Any thoughts/options?

image.thumb.jpeg.a2003860500c820af1633443885ee04b.jpeg

Wireless HDMI is just super hit and miss. Some times that cheap thing (as in $500) works, sometimes it doesn't. And that's a best case scenario, not a range of overall possibilities. (mull on that one 😁)

CAN you do it reliable: sure. We do it for boardrooms all the time where wiring is inconvenient for the user (ie locks them to a location). Expect to pay $1500 and up. And to still occasionally reconnect it (button click usually, but still)

I'd just do as @RAV above: run the wire through or overtop the cabinets, and channel the drywall to fit the cable in, quick patch and paint.

41 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

Wireless HDMI is just super hit and miss. Some times that cheap thing (as in $500) works, sometimes it doesn't. And that's a best case scenario, not a range of overall possibilities. (mull on that one 😁)

CAN you do it reliable: sure. We do it for boardrooms all the time where wiring is inconvenient for the user (ie locks them to a location). Expect to pay $1500 and up. And to still occasionally reconnect it (button click usually, but still)

I'd just do as @RAV above: run the wire through or overtop the cabinets, and channel the drywall to fit the cable in, quick patch and paint.

Sounds like wired is the best option (given the reliability of wireless), any specific splitter to use from one tv to the next?

I did something similar in my kitchen and my MBR ensuite where I have a secondary TV fed by a splitter.  I just bought a $25 splitter on Amazon.  If it doesn't work you can always return it.

If you just want that TV without audio back to rack etc can just put a Roku etc on it. If needs to be hooked to rack etc and only want the exact same thing that's on other TV get a cheap hdmi wireless splitter. If need full control going to need a wire.