C4 Forums | Control4

New thermstat with zigbee

td_20

I'm not suggesting it's appropriate but both of you need to understand that this "war" has been going on for years. I'm saying to both of you that you need to read between the lines and feel the frustration of living with unresolved problems for a long, long time then seeing business moves that seem out of place in today's marketplace.

Ryan can stick-up for Ryan. I doubt highly he feels anything once he closes-out his c4forums session and goes back to work. well_armed has some backers here and they are not dealers or the one person from Control4. So what? He addressed everyone here. Consumers should not stay silent. Citizens arent silent when political issues clearly impact them, are they now?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one positive I take out of the "frustration with business moves that seem out of place" posts is the fact that if the users here didn't care about Control4's future, they wouldn't be making a stink about it.

I do have a pretty thick skin, and have been known to be a pain in the butt myself on occasion.

As JG was fond of saying, "It's all good".

RyanE

^It's true, we do take pride in our decision to spend on Control4 products, service from associated dealer and always look forward to new innovations from the parent company. On top of that, most of us probably get much joy out of demonstrating system and custom features to friends and neighbors.

It does get wild here sometimes but, you know what, we keep coming back. It is "all good" because out of discussions come some sort of conclusion. I just wish those outcomes could be organized better for recall on this forum so we don't have to go through this quarterly.

I ordered 2 and since I ordered within 48 hours of its launch, I got this email yesterday:

Hi Reggie,

We're getting ready to ship the first Nest Learning Thermostats and can't wait to get one in your hands. Because you purchased Nest within the first 48 hours of our launch, we wanted to thank you and extend the option of a free professional installation of your Nest through our Nest Concierge service.

If you're interested, click here <link removed> to opt in before 9PM PST on Saturday, Nov. 12, 2011. Just enter your zip code and order number <order number removed>. After install, we'd love to get your honest, no-holds-barred feedback on the service and will send you a survey so you can let us know how we're doing.

Oh, and a reminder: if you haven't already, please make sure that Nest will work in your home by checking your system compatibility <link removed>.

On behalf of everyone here at Nest, thank you for being an early Nest customer.

Matt Rogers

Founder and VP Engineering

Nice.

Thanks for sharing Reggie.

Watching the Nest install video, it's clearly designed to be a very friendly customer install - going as far as including; wire labels, a built-in level and screw driver. Offering an optional, free, professional install on top of that is a smart, strategic play to generate even more positive press/word of mouth for the product. A great (and clever) customer experience all around.

Curious to hear your thoughts a week or two after install...

Watching the Nest install video, it's clearly designed to be a very friendly customer install - going as far as including; wire labels, a built-in level and screw driver. Offering an optional, free, professional install on top of that is a smart, strategic play to generate even more positive press/word of mouth for the product. A great (and clever) customer experience all around.

Yup, Fadell has learned a lot from Apple. Majority of the consumers are not as technical as those of us here in this geeky forum. :) Customer experience and first impressions are something a lot don't think about nowadays.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is something that C4 should be doing. Your C4 system likely knows if you are in your house and awake since you will likely be triggering devices and/or setting off motion detectors (if you have them). Why can't C4 (or a user) develop the intelligence system of a Nest remote that learns your habits and adjusts your HVAC system accordingly?

Archived