C4 Forums | Control4

Scanning no longer working - any ideas?

Last night, I tried to scan some new tunes using HE: no luck. I thought that perhaps it was renaming the tracks, so I turned off the media tagging: still no luck.

Today, I removed all tracks from the HC1000, where they are saved, and deleted all tracks in HE. I then added a couple of tracks back into the 1000 and tried to scan them. Still SOL! Then I tried to scan in a new show and no luck. Scanning was working on Friday as I scanned a couple of movies in for my kids.

The Director status stays at idle. Nothing is being scanned. Any ideas of what may have happened and how to resolve it?

Toke

This has been an issue in 2.1.1 and hasn't been fixed. Hopefully they release a bug fix soon. Ryan is there anyway that control4 could offer bug fixes immediately instead of waiting until a larger release? Often these larger releases take months to fix something that a minor release could easily solve. This is a very frustrating recurrence with bugs.

Scanning had been working for me since I got C4, incl 2.1.1. For some reason this weekend it stopped and was completely non-responsive. I've no clue why - I was using 2.1.1 HE - but Nikon managed to get it up and running again. Just glad I decided not to have a New Year's party.

I'm still interested in thoughts on why it quit

Toke

I am also having this problem. I will try rebooting the navigator when I get home and post if it works. I only noticed this about one~two weeks ago when new files added to a network share didn't get appended to the media list. I sort of feel that Control4 is in the hifi world and a reboot isn't really a "fix" (as in the PC world!)

I am also having this problem. I will try rebooting the navigator when I get home and post if it works. I only noticed this about one~two weeks ago when new files added to a network share didn't get appended to the media list. I sort of feel that Control4 is in the hifi world and a reboot isn't really a "fix" (as in the PC world!)

Guys, Matt said up-thread that this is being addressed in 2.2

Guys' date=' Matt said up-thread that this is being addressed in 2.2[/quote']

That's great then, can't wait. Will you have to pay for 2.2, or will it be a free upgrade from 2.1?

That's great then, can't wait. Will you have to pay for 2.2, or will it be a free upgrade from 2.1?

I have not heard about it being a paid update.

I thought it was the scheduled scans that are an issue and are being addresses in 2.2? My manual scans were never an issue til last week. Then all scanning stopped. It seems to be working again now, with some glitches. If 2.2 addresses all scanning issues, cool cant wait.

Toke

Archived