C4 Forums | Control4

2.2 Released

Ramorous

i was wrong it was by uuid

When i go to my 7 inch touchpanel and try to view my cameras the thumbnails are there but when i goto view them they go blank. Its like it loses communication with them....kinda of annoying. and its really sporadic...sometimes its fine and other times it not.

Greg

I had this same problem. Since it was about 1 year ago, I don't remember the exact work around, but I'm fairly certain that when I started to use SecuritySpy this went away.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seems to be running fine' date=' updated last night.[/quote']

The update took FOREVER! It load like it updated the firmware in every dimmer, and I would assume every switch and keypad as well.

I have a rather large system - it updated in 30 minutes totally!

Wow.

Thanks

Bill

Seems to be running fine' date=' updated last night.[/quote']

The update took FOREVER! It load like it updated the firmware in every dimmer, and I would assume every switch and keypad as well.

Wow.

Thanks

Bill

How many dimmers/switches/keypads? EACH one took about 2-3 minutes. I don't know what time it got done.

About midnight I went to sleep after it had been going for about an hour.

The core of the system updated very quickly, but it took a while to flash all the dimmers/switches/keypads. I wouldn't have even known, other than the lights on them were going haywire while the update was taking place.

The update took FOREVER! It load like it updated the firmware in every dimmer' date=' and I would assume every switch and keypad as well.[/quote']

Wow.

Thanks

Bill

How many dimmers/switches/keypads? EACH one took about 2-3 minutes. I don't know what time it got done.

The core of the system updated very quickly, but it took a while to flash all the dimmers/switches/keypads. I wouldn't have even known, other than the lights on them were going haywire while the update was taking place.

Just a guess - but I have probably 150 switches including 2 and 3 and 6 button several ipads and one infinity edge screen.

NONE of those did any specific update - it updated everything in the closet - my switches were already on PRO and the latest updates to my knowledge.

Bill

i was wrong it was by uuid

The cameras are Panasonic BB-HCM331A and i have two of them. I looked at the firmware running the actual cameras and they are on 1.3 - which is the latest.

Last night my dealer upgraded me to 2.2 but this didnt fix my issue. To give a little bit more detail on what is going on....

When i go to my 7 inch touchpanel and try to view my cameras the thumbnails are there but when i goto view them they go blank. Its like it loses communication with them....kinda of annoying. and its really sporadic...sometimes its fine and other times it not.

Any suggestions would be great.

Greg

are the cameras being run wireless? if they are i could be a wifi issue. Its like the thumbnail image is cashed and shows a picture even tho there is no live stream. I have a customer with 2 of those cameras over wifi and one is doing that. Some investigation with a wifi analyzer shows its the wifi coverage is inconsistent by the troubled camera. Im currently about to try to boost the wireless networks range for that one camera.

The cameras are not being run wirelessly. Nothing is wireless.

I have an HC300 and the new HC200 running in my home. just fyi.

Just frustrating. Im going to be working with my dealer tonight so ill try to figure out what it is. Any insight would be great.

Wow.

Thanks

Bill

The core of the system updated very quickly' date=' but it took a while to flash all the dimmers/switches/keypads. I wouldn't have even known, other than the lights on them were going haywire while the update was taking place.[/quote']

Just a guess - but I have probably 150 switches including 2 and 3 and 6 button several ipads and one infinity edge screen.

NONE of those did any specific update - it updated everything in the closet - my switches were already on PRO and the latest updates to my knowledge.

Bill

Yeah...I have hundreds of zigbee devices, numerous touchpanels of different variety (portable 7", Infinity Edge 5" and 7", 10.5" Portable), etc...

I updated from 2.1.1 to 2.2.0...just like I'm assuming you did. If it didn't update the firmware on all your dimmers/switches/keypads I'd get your dealer back on it, because it should have.

The core of the system updated very quickly' date=' but it took a while to flash all the dimmers/switches/keypads. I wouldn't have even known, other than the lights on them were going haywire while the update was taking place.[/quote']

Bill

Yeah...I have hundreds of zigbee devices, numerous touchpanels of different variety (portable 7", Infinity Edge 5" and 7", 10.5" Portable), etc...

I updated from 2.1.1 to 2.2.0...just like I'm assuming you did. If it didn't update the firmware on all your dimmers/switches/keypads I'd get your dealer back on it, because it should have.

I talked to my dealer - he did the TOOLS UPDATE and it showed all the items that it needed to update and ran through all of them - remember that all my switches and everything is already new and my dealer ALWAYS checks for and gets the latest driver updates on all new installation items.

He says that I am updated to the fullest possible.

He had the system send me an email when he did the update - here is what got updated:

Finished site update attempt

Device HC200 Exercise(192.168.1.100)

Version:2.2.0.158343

Update completed successfully.

Device HC200 Fireplace(192.168.1.113)

Device InfinityEdge 5" Touch Screen(192.168.1.134)

Device HC200 MBed(192.168.1.116)

Device Home Controller HC1000 V2/V3(192.168.1.141)

Device Home Controller HC300C(192.168.1.137)

Device IO Extender 1(192.168.1.121)

Device IO Extender 2(192.168.1.120)

Device IO Extender 3(192.168.1.118)

Device IO Extender 4(192.168.1.135)

Device IO Extender 5(192.168.1.112)

Device Home Controller HC200B(192.168.1.117)

Alright TexasBill...you're right...I must be confused (along with the others here who mentioned it).

Maybe your dimmers were so new they had unreleased firmware...which was just released last night.

FYI...dimmers/switches/keypads don't EVER show up as devices needing updates in the update manager. But then again, maybe I'm confused on that as well.

So long as your system is working you don't have anything to worry about...its all moot.

Alright TexasBill...you're right...I must be confused (along with the others here who mentioned it).

Maybe your dimmers were so new they had unreleased firmware...which was just released last night.

FYI...dimmers/switches/keypads don't EVER show up as devices needing updates in the update manager. But then again, maybe I'm confused on that as well.

So long as your system is working you don't have anything to worry about...its all moot.

Nope - not saying that - I posted what got updated when the update occurred and you can see that no switches updated. I have talked to my dealer and his statement was that he processed what he was supposed to - it said it was successful - what should he or I do to check and see if indeed something is out of whack? Where would I find that?

Thanks,

Bill

Open Composer HE, and under the top tab (monitoring I believe) click on a dimmer, then in the top right click on properties.

What is the firmware version? The one I checked is 3.11.13.

I don't recall what it was before...maybe someone currently on 2.1.1 can check? I'm curious to hear what yours is too.

Open Composer HE, and under the top tab (monitoring I believe) click on a dimmer, then in the top right click on properties.

I don't recall what it was before...maybe someone currently on 2.1.1 can check? I'm curious to hear what yours is too.

OK - OBVIOUSLY I am NOT on the latest update. So - I just need to tell my dealer and see how to update.

I have no idea why YOURS updated all of them automagically and mine did not.

Thanks,

Bill

Open Composer HE' date=' and under the top tab (monitoring I believe) click on a dimmer, then in the top right click on properties.

I don't recall what it was before...maybe someone currently on 2.1.1 can check? I'm curious to hear what yours is too.[/quote']

OK - OBVIOUSLY I am NOT on the latest update. So - I just need to tell my dealer and see how to update.

I have no idea why YOURS updated all of them automagically and mine did not.

Thanks,

Bill

Interesting. I've done a few updates since 1.2 =D and aside from the update to zigbee pro process, every dimmer/switch/keypad update has happened automatically when the system was updated.

Have your dealer do it at night, because you'll have periods where every device will go offline and be non-functional for a few minutes...SR250's included.

TexasBill I've seen some systems with huge number of zigbee devices take a couple days to upgrade due to several failures along the way. The one you checked just might not have started yet. It can only upgrade 3 at a time. If your dealer checks the zigbee connection under tools he can scroll through and see if any are updating.

Archived