C4 Forums | Control4

New Intercom Software!

badjesus

I missed that part of the video, I hope it works on existing touchscreens, I think the current implementation is garbage.  I'm always rebooting one touchscreen or the other because of the lack of robustness of the current application.

Yeah, integrates with existing screens, adds functionality for sip connection (before it was just buggy as sin), allows for any camera to be used within it, and allows for other 3rd party door stations. 

ONe thing I missed was when 27 was being released.... Kind of want to go geek out and install it right now. See how much I can improve my crap intercom :)

Will we still need an intercom license to use the intercom on 2.7 with 1st gen IE touchscreens w/o camera?  I still have a HC1000 and its going strong.  Also there are no more intercom licenses available.  

They said no license, but as for the 1000... I am not sure. He just mentioned no license in his talk. 

If one already has the door station with running with PoE, who knows a good SIP 3rd party device for an easy swap out. I have bricks that would need to be chiseled away so looking for a product that could use the current back box or at least same hole size and the ethernet. Holovision 400 series I think works. Anyone else have an easy swap out option?

If one already has the door station with running with PoE, who knows a good SIP 3rd party device for an easy swap out. I have bricks that would need to be chiseled away so looking for a product that could use the current back box or at least same hole size and the ethernet. Holovision 400 series I think works. Anyone else have an easy swap out option?

Why do you want to swap the C4 door station?

It has an awful viewing angle for use. IR would help but not necessary 100%. And you cannot use the camera as a camera - examples like recording motion to see if someone stole a package or something along those lines. Holo vision and I am sure others are normal IP cameras so you can always view outside (not just on a ring) so it shows up in your camera listing in the navigators, and can record on motion, a schedule you set, etc just like other Ip cameras

It has an awful viewing angle for use. IR would help but not necessary 100%. And you cannot use the camera as a camera - examples like recording motion to see if someone stole a package or something along those lines. Holo vision and I am sure others are normal IP cameras so you can always view outside (not just on a ring) so it shows up in your camera listing in the navigators, and can record on motion, a schedule you set, etc just like other Ip cameras

I agree with a lot of this, and have been wanting to replace my door station and use the standard box with a third party for quite a while....

Sine this announcement though.. I think I will be keeping my current one. 

If you need a better angle, add a wireless camera at the correct angle. Now that you can add cameras, you should be fine. No chisel, no fuss. 

Personally not a fan of a camera at a front door. Looks too "jail house" for me.

Holo vision and other allow to swivel the lens inside so you can get a nice viewing angle. Even fancier ones have PTZ but I am ok setting it once and moving on

If you dislike the door station bad Jesus why aren't you excited to now swap out for a 3rd party model now that SIP is standard so you can swap? Curious if I am overlooking something else announced

^Yes Chester. You make a very valid point.

People who were buying brand new gear at the time have been caught out on this.

It wasn't people DIY or buying second hand at all..

This does tend to cheese folks off (rightly so). 

Honestly, I probably wouldn't buy it anyways but jeez this whole intercom license is so damn confusing.  I understand the myhome license its a value add, but the intercom license should be done away with (if it hasn't already).  I mean you have to buy overpriced android tablets (also known as touch screens)  to utilize the function anyways.  

You complain about the price of the license - newer users would have reason to complain about the price of controllers going up (as they did when the 'included' the licenses.

Indeed I'd argue many of you (and me for that matte - I bought myself a site license just before cancellation only to have my controller break down 1 month later) have reason to complain that you paid for a license - why are you now paying more to 'include' it.

Simply put - licensing is ALREADY gone (since..april or may 2013) so saying they need to get rid of it is a bit redundant.

Archived