C4 Forums | Control4

Zigbee Triggers

neldua

No but I found a semi-fun way around this. 

If you have Philips Hue you can use geo-fencing. So set the Hue software to "turn a light on" when you hit the geo-fence and then in C4 make a line saying if light "x" is on trigger this event.

Kind of an end around way of doing it. There are plenty of ways of doing it. I tried keeping a Card Access Mini remote in my car but once you get back to the house it takes a minute or to to get it to rejoin the mesh, drove me nuts. 

What command do you want to trigger? Maybe one of us has another way around it.

use a card access v3 in the garage this fixed the delay for my nyce remote and gave me a much larger extended range even further than my normal garage remote.

only  downside is this will trigger everytime the light turns on

there is a geo-fence drive for ios from houselogix that everyone seems to like.

for android i have thought about using a ping driver to ping my phone but my wifi is currently not much better.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/24/2015 at 3:08 PM, Matt Lowe said:

...for android i have thought about using a ping driver to ping my phone but my wifi is currently not much better.

On 2/18/2016 at 7:21 AM, jfh said:

If you want a real ping driver, use the free one from Chowmain.

Thanks you guys, this works amazing. :)

Screenshot_2016-02-18-22-44-14.png

I have a xfinity router. I tried to set my phone's ip address to static through the router, but it wouldn't save the setting. So what I did was change the DHCP lease time from a week to forever. 

Not the perfect solution, but it works. :)

• 1 month later...

How does Geofencing with Hue work?  Is it all dependent on the phone app seeing the connection?  There are a lot of tweaks in the Houselogix FollowMe driver that would seem necessary for a good end user experience.  Do you have those types of settings with Hue?

• 1 month later...

geo fencing is all about balancing location ping with battery life. the more pings less battery more accurate location and vice versa

the best thing is to combo sensors with some logic

like motion or garage door with a ping to a phone.

i also have been found of my security panel with personal codes triggering several events.

Archived