C4 Forums | Control4

Turntable connecting to Control4

Chrismccc

Hi all, happy holidays.

quick question from noob. I currently have control4 system, with 16 matrix and wireless bridge, ( using tidal). Can anyone tell me the easiest way to connect a turntable to the system and play the music through my ceiling speakers. I literally have no idea what I  need.

chris

You need something like this or a small mixer that has a Phono Input

Which Turntable do you have ?

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PP400?adpos=1o9&creative=54989553361&device=m&matchtype=&network=g&product_id=PP400&gclid=COf-lcjwm9ECFZSIswod97YP4Q

Something like this connected to a rca to 3.5mm jack cable then into an airport express.

Then shairbridge the music to an 800 or ea or wmb

Program the system to auto select the tt room when this happens.

Alternates could be a pi or some 3.5mm to Bluetooth thar would need the wmb

https://geekdad.com/2014/11/wireless-vinyl-got-record-player-connected-airplay-music-system/

This guy lists a bunch of bt options to connect to a wmb

Why does the table have to go there?

And isn't the point of a turntable for sound quality, which you'd then have to compress to send wirelessly?

Or buy a used HCXXX processor online, hopefully plug in to your network (or WiFi if that's the only option, best oft for a HC250 then) stick a phono preamp in between the table and the processor.

Why does the table have to go there?

And isn't the point of a turntable for sound quality, which you'd then have to compress to send wirelessly?

Or buy a used HCXXX processor online, hopefully plug in to your network (or WiFi if that's the only option, best oft for a HC250 then) stick a phono preamp in between the table and the processor.

Point of turntable, sound quality?!?

Archived