C4 Forums | Control4

It means the device is broadcasting an SDDP signal allowing it to be recognised automatically and a driver downloaded if there is one in the database but as it is a recent model it is not in the database.

I would download the latest from Lilin website or use this one which is also very recent:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ji8nuaqyb8cni5/cable_Lilin_DVRNVR16_IP.c4z?dl=0

Have you identified the NVR via it's IP address or via SDDP and entered the correct admin credentials in the driver properties page?

Have you read the driver documentation and familiarised yourself with the functionality the driver is supposed to offer. Typically we only use this to allow the client to change the the camera view on the TV.

*1 on SR260 will go to full screen view of camera 1

*2 on SR260 will go to full screen view of camera 2

etc etc.

#4 on SR260 will go to 4 camera multi-view

#8 on SR260 will go to 8 camera multi-view

etc etc.

Hi @Crustyloafer

Yes.

I have entered default credentials. I used the driver you provided and I tried with the driver given in LILIN website. Yes I have read, and according to the documentation the Model im using (NVR3216) is not mentioned.

Please refer to the attached images.

So that means we cannot play what's recorded?

NVR-1.PNG

NVR-2.PNG

You can access the recordings on a Lilin NVR via the driver, I think you have to press the 'Play' button on the remote control and then navigate the menu that appears from there.

To be honest though, I wouldn't waste you time trying, its such a convoluted process to access recordings via that interface its not worth even mentioning to clients that you can do it. Far better using the Lilin iOS app or the web interface of the NVR in a web browser, much faster to find and view footage when you need to.

I would treat the NVR driver just as a means to control/change the live view from its HDMI output and no more.

5 hours ago, Matt Lowe said:

from the list shown i dont see that your nvr is supported that will the issue.

correct quote below.

Matt, normally I would agree with you, but given this driver supports a number of much older models, including the ancient NVR100,200 etc, even though the NVR3216 is not on the list of supported models I would be very surprised if it was not supported by this driver. The model number has also been correctly identified in the driver's property page. Pretty much all the Lilin NVRs use the same control protocols so it should jut work anyway.

Will probably need a call to C4 tech support and/or Lilin support too.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok. I opened a ticket with Lilin. They told me I needed to be on driver 1.1.4 and said they have my series of NVR working in their office.   I updated my driver, but yeah for me it didnt change anything. I can get video from the NVR on the TV screen, but all controls from C4 dont work. 

If they figure something out Ill let you know. 

Lilin cut me off once they determined I wasn't a dealer. However I figured out a way to fix mine, so mine works now.  I did a hail mary, and just went into my NVR and did a full reset back to factory defaults.  I left the driver in C4, version 1.1.4 untouched.  I then re-added my cameras and changed the admin password.  All the C4 controls are working now.  

3 hours ago, Topfox said:

Lilin cut me off once they determined I wasn't a dealer. However I figured out a way to fix mine, so mine works now.  I did a hail mary, and just went into my NVR and did a full reset back to factory defaults.  I left the driver in C4, version 1.1.4 untouched.  I then re-added my cameras and changed the admin password.  All the C4 controls are working now.  

Hey @Topfox

I'll try the same thing and i'll let you know.

Thanks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.