C4 Forums | Control4

DC Ceiling Fan Integration

Submit the FCC number on the remote to Bond Home technical support and they will advise if it will work with their Bond Bridge hardware.

https://olibra.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/115000320752-Purchasing-Questions

Our driver is complete and waiting for their beta firmware to be released to the public.  Should be released in the next few weeks so once the Bond firmware is released we will release our driver.

I see the bond on Amazon for $69 refurbed. I think I’ll give it a shot and see how it works on it’s own for my Minkas and then reach out for the C4 driver. 
Works great! Got mine yesterday and setup 4 fans already!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Yeah I wish I could integrate my fan but it’s a fan / light switch from Lutrom since one switch controls both fan and light.  The fans that just have its own switch for light and switch for fan c4 switch controls work great.  Just haven’t figured out how to integrate the fan/light combos

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/3/2019 at 11:43 AM, evil0ne said:

Minka fans are now supported by our driver with full bi-directional control.  More smart by bond manufacturers to come and will be fully supported by our driver.

Also if you don't have a minka fan you can retrofit using the Bond fan speed controller. 

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Universal-Smart-Wi-Fi-4-Speed-Ceiling-Fan-Remote-99434/311264804

• 6 months later...
My boat house builder is about to start building. He quoted the same fan @ILoveC4 has, the MinkaAire H2O extreme. Does anyone have this fan installed now? How do you like the airflow? How is it integrated into C4?
Thanks.

I have this fan and LOVE IT. The only integration I’ve done is have it on a C4 switch. If I were to get a Bond I understand I’d be able to adjust speed and what not but we just set that the way we like it and turn it on and off. It’s silent and moves a TON of air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, ILoveC4 said:

It’s silent and moves a TON of air.

We had a different model and were disappointed. Looked just like it, but 60". Specs indicate that it will move air, so I believe you. We had ours on a plain switch as well. We didn't like that when we went out on a cool night, we had to turn the switch on, find the remote, and turn the fan off. Then, of course, next time we went out the fan wouldn't come on... so it was really confusing for my kids that aren't there everyday. That Bond thing should solve that.

Did you get a deal on yours? 

I have these Minka-Aire F521 and love the air flow..  I only have one room that only has the fan so I was able to use the C4 fan switch, but the other rooms, have both fan and light so I had to use a aftermarket module so I could turn the single switch into a stack switch so I can control light and fan with a luton speed control stack switch.  I wish c4 had one, it be perfect for all these type of installs.  

Just now, CTO13 said:

I have these Minka-Aire F521 and love the air flow..  I only have one room that only has the fan so I was able to use the C4 fan switch, but the other rooms, have both fan and light so I had to use a aftermarket module so I could turn the single switch into a stack switch so I can control light and fan with a luton speed control stack switch.  I wish c4 had one, it be perfect for all these type of installs.  

Yeah, I'm going to go with the H20 extreme and use the Bond thing to make it smart. Not a cheap solution but I'm hoping the name means it will stand up to the boat house environment. 

We had a different model and were disappointed. Looked just like it, but 60". Specs indicate that it will move air, so I believe you. We had ours on a plain switch as well. We didn't like that when we went out on a cool night, we had to turn the switch on, find the remote, and turn the fan off. Then, of course, next time we went out the fan wouldn't come on... so it was really confusing for my kids that aren't there everyday. That Bond thing should solve that.
Did you get a deal on yours? 

Ours is in a really big room, and when we have it on we have it on whatever speed I set it to the first time. So we just turn it on and off. I’ll look up what I paid for it...hold on.

So, I just looked at my bill. It’s in there itemized at $489, but then at the very end he has a discount of just over 20% applied to the entire order. I have no idea which items that came off of. That price also included installation.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.