C4 Forums | Control4

PSA: Apple TV tvOS 13 killed my remote programming

pinkoos

2 minutes ago, IntrinsicGroup said:

It's a feature we are adding to the site.  Any drivers released from this month, will automatically notify you of any updates inside of Composer.

I'm an end user - I'm trying to find out the revision history to see if it's worth troubling my dealer to install it or not

1 minute ago, pinkoos said:

I'm an end user - I'm trying to find out the revision history to see if it's worth troubling my dealer to install it or not

They'll be an official update mailshot going on this one that will detail the update (for both end users and dealers).  This is a recommend update as it's a completely new build with many added features for speed and reliability.

4 minutes ago, IntrinsicGroup said:

They'll be an official update mailshot going on this one that will detail the update (for both end users and dealers).  This is a recommend update as it's a completely new build with many added features for speed and reliability.

Okay, that is great, thank you

5 hours ago, IntrinsicGroup said:

Well this is a new release so we had to completely remove v20 drivers and install everything from scratch, I have 6 Apple TV's so 1.5 hours of labor to get everything back as-is, now we have this error and nothing works: [string "Lua Code"]:719: attempt to call global 'ELAN_Trace' (a nil value) (ReceivedFromProxy) with any button press of any ATV, so what to do, we rebooted every Apple TV and Director and we still have the same error! It’s a huge f**kup now, will leave everything broken for now til a new fix or tell us what to do!

8 hours ago, Amr said:

Well this is a new release so we had to completely remove v20 drivers and install everything from scratch, I have 6 Apple TV's so 1.5 hours of labor to get everything back as-is, now we have this error and nothing works: [string "Lua Code"]:719: attempt to call global 'ELAN_Trace' (a nil value) (ReceivedFromProxy) with any button press of any ATV, so what to do, we rebooted every Apple TV and Director and we still have the same error! It’s a huge f**kup now, will leave everything broken for now til a new fix or tell us what to do!

Apologies, looks like our file store on the site served you up an old driver there (we're migrating parts of our website and I think for a for short while yesterday some links were broken).  I've checked and it's now fixed.  The current version should be 200504.  I've attached a direct download link here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cuurxxxkjmkxtup/AADwLejdnaM3t5vGbjniMbnqa?dl=0.  This should just update over the top of that version.

6 hours ago, IntrinsicGroup said:

Apologies, looks like our file store on the site served you up an old driver there (we're migrating parts of our website and I think for a for short while yesterday some links were broken).  I've checked and it's now fixed.  The current version should be 200504.  I've attached a direct download link here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cuurxxxkjmkxtup/AADwLejdnaM3t5vGbjniMbnqa?dl=0.  This should just update over the top of that version.

No, doesn't work either, I'm pleading labor here, what should we do? We replaced both drivers as indicated and upgrade drivers on controller rebooted controller and ATV's again, nothing is working?  Will we have to delete everything from scratch and starts over?  I just need to know what is needed, please fix this, upgrade process is cumbersome!

1 minute ago, Amr said:

No, doesn't work either, I'm pleading labor here, what should we do, we replaced both drivers as indicated and uprade drivers on controller rebooted controller and ATV's again, nothing is wiorking?

If you submit a support ticket at www.intrinsicdev.com/support, one of our technician's will be able to help you on this. It should be quick and straight forward, so they will probably want to Team Viewer in to see your setup.

5 minutes ago, IntrinsicGroup said:

If you submit a support ticket at www.intrinsicdev.com/support, one of our technician's will be able to help you on this. It should be quick and straight forward, so they will probably want to Team Viewer in to see your setup.

This is the issue, I tried first to log a ticket, each time after I submit the ticket its gone and doesn't show on the site, did not get an email confirmation as well!

4 minutes ago, Amr said:

This is the issue, I tried first to log a ticket, each time after I submit the ticket its gone and doesn't show on the site, did not get an email confirmation as well!

Ok never Mind, we fixed it, thanks for your help and supper support, I'll send you the check :)

1 minute ago, Amr said:

It’s really faster and smoother, looking forward to receive your feature set, we can see there is Track Data available per ATV, this is cool, how can we make use of that?

There's no way in C4 to use it at the minute - we'd love for them to create an interface that merges this so we can display full metadata - as you can see we've got it, just don't have a way of using it!

13 hours ago, IntrinsicGroup said:

There's no way in C4 to use it at the minute - we'd love for them to create an interface that merges this so we can display full metadata - as you can see we've got it, just don't have a way of using it!

A tad off topic here but is there a way to FF/RW for the Disney+ app using the latest version of the IP Driver for the ATV 4K? Thanks! 

9 hours ago, chita79 said:

A tad off topic here but is there a way to FF/RW for the Disney+ app using the latest version of the IP Driver for the ATV 4K? Thanks! 

Each App developer can chose which commands will do what in their tvOS apps. So it would appear that left and right control ff and rw, and play and pause work as normal for Disney+

• 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.