C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 Servers

Nigel T

Question

Hi I'm new to the forum and based in the UK. 

My Control4 installer here in the UK is telling me that he can't make any changes to my control4 lighting and audio system because the Control4 servers in the US are down and therefore he can't gain access.,  Can anyone tell if this is actually the case or is it just bulls**t. thanks

12 answers to this question

On 1/5/2020 at 8:22 AM, Nigel T said:

Hi do you have any experience of connecting an xbox to work on a tv with control4 where the xbox itself is located in the comms cabinet away from the tv room Thanks

That’s how mine is. What’s your question? You need to pass the video signal to the TV over something. I use HDBaseT baluns to the theater and Just Add Power HDMI over IP to everywhere else. 

On 1/5/2020 at 4:33 AM, Gary Leeds UK said:

Have a feeling that could be BS 

One of the dealers on here could help you 

Hmm. While it wouldn't make it less BS - there is a recent windows update that seems to mess a few things up for some composer installs for remote access (reinstall of latest composer will fix - as it reinstall virtual network driver).

On 1/6/2020 at 11:26 PM, ILoveC4 said:

That’s how mine is. What’s your question? You need to pass the video signal to the TV over something. I use HDBaseT baluns to the theater and Just Add Power HDMI over IP to everywhere else. 

Why the mix if you don’t mind me asking?

13 hours ago, Waring192 said:

Why the mix if you don’t mind me asking?

Because the theater has an AVR that does the switching and is “local”. All the other displays are distributed. The same sources feed both the AVR for the receiver and the distribution system, the AVR just receives a local pass thru so I got HDMI to the PJ via HDBaseT balun. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.