C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 SR260 remote volume control stopped working

MDO21

Hi--

I have a C4 SR260 and the remote still controls channels and cable box functionality but 2 things have stopped working: volume control suddenly stopped on both remote and app as did the remotes ability to switch to components besides the cable box. The red light flashes when channel changing, cable functionality works but does not for volume. 

2 things changed since it had worked last time: I had to replace the 4 AA batteries in the remote and we bought a new wifi router with a different network name. 

We have a Denon receiver for components. That said, the remote still has most of its basic functionality but really frustrating it no longer controls volume or ability to switch me to other devices. 

Any ideas. 

• 5 months later...
I’m having a similar issue. We had brief power outage and the remote only works to change channels, but volume control and the ability to turn the TV off are all not working. 

I had to go under the stairs to control the volume with the receiver directly. Any ideas @msgreenf
Yup. Ip change

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

• 3 years later...