C4 Forums | Control4

FollowMe Find My iPhone Geofence Driver

phileaton

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The driver only checks every 24 hours. If you press the check for updates button it will check immediately.

Sorry I just e-mailed you before reading this...If I ever knew where this button was I've forgotten.  I'll see if I can remember.

Same 1.0.4

Just keeps trying to Initializing iCloud session, over and over again.

I had this problem as well. Removed the device driver and re added and it started to work fine again. 1.0.4 for me as well.

Battery life has gone down hill really fast the past little while.

I spoke too soon.  My battery life isn't as bad as it was when 1.0.4 broke, but under 1.0.5 is still significantly worse than when 1.0.4 was working.  Anybody else, in case there is some other variable I'm missing?  Its this way on both my main iOS devices on different iCloud accounts, and one of them I even bumped the settings to not phone home as often when at a location.

So now with iCloud Family Share and the ability to see the other devices all under one icloud account is it possible to get the driver to pick up these other devices as well?  Would be much easier to have a single Icloud Account vs multiple.

Just a question? 

We are going to offer extra vegetables user the option to switch to Houselogix If they choose. Unfortunately control 4says they won't be pushing updates on the old drivers.

Great

When and how will this be done.

Thanks

P

• 2 months later...

The newest version is now available on the Houselogix website. You will need to install our new licensing and auto update manager(included in the download). Once installed you can register with your current license key, regardless of who you purchased through. We are very excited about this. No longer will you need to install a different version depending on who you bought the driver from.

The newest version is now available on the Houselogix website. You will need to install our new licensing and auto update manager(included in the download). Once installed you can register with your current license key, regardless of who you purchased through. We are very excited about this. No longer will you need to install a different version depending on who you bought the driver from.

Is there release notes available? 

Is there release notes available? 

This is version 8.0.0. The only major change is the new licensing system and the ability to push auto updates again( EV is no longer pushing updates for 3rd party drivers). There was one minor bug fix that had already been addressed with version 1.0.5 of the Synapse driver, but was still affecting the EV version. The bug was related to a change in the API that was causing the driver not to get new location data sometimes, thus resulting in a delay. 

will the new driver retain my programming? that's tge most painful part of this process.

The new driver uses the c4z file format, and cannot be used to directly update the older c4i file format.

What I have been recommending is that dealers place as much of their programming in macros as possible to minimize the pain of any transitions. For example. I have an arrive home macro that turns on the front yard, garage, and garage entry lights if it is dark outside as well as performing several other tasks. The FollowMe driver simply fires this macro when the arrive home event is triggered. You could copy and past all of your programming into macros prior to the upgrade to minimize the loss. 

• 5 months later...

So now with iCloud Family Share and the ability to see the other devices all under one icloud account is it possible to get the driver to pick up these other devices as well?  Would be much easier to have a single Icloud Account vs multiple.

Just a question? 

Hoping Phil will chime in on this.  I finally got around to setting this up and it seems to make a lot more sense to use Family Sharing than to get every family member to give you their iCloud credentials.

Only downside I would see is unintended consequences if you temporarily turn off location sharing to your family and what affect that might have on FollowMe integration.  I haven't used that option so not sure how big of a deal that would be.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm starting to get a lot of timeouts with the driver, where it won't ever recover on its own, and I have to go in and change the iCloud password in Composer so I can get a "set" button choice (I don't actually change the password).  Once I set it the iCloud session recovers.  May need to look at the logic on that?  I'm not really changing anything so hopefully this can be fixed programmatically.  I have 5 different driver instances and this morning 2 of them were "stuck".  One device was on iOS 6 and one on iOS 9, so its not an iOS 9 issue.

Any ideas yet on Family Sharing support?

Archived