C4 Forums | Control4

FollowMe Find My iPhone Geofence Driver

phileaton

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phil, 

Just wanted to let you know that I was away this weekend, set it to zero and the driver woke itself up. Glad you found a way to fix this. I will await the update. Thanks! 

Yep. Still happening to me too. I had to disable it until a fix is out

I've been testing the next minor update for a while now and it's just about ready. I'll have a minor fix out in a day or so for this as well as a couple other minor tweaks including allowing update interval while at a location to work with manual polling. I will let you know when I upload it to the update server.

Ok everyone. As promised, version 1.0.1 is uploaded to the auto update server and the website. It should install in the next 24 hours if you have auto update enabled. You can also click "Check for Driver Updates" on the "Actions" tab if you want it sooner. 

The following concerns are addressed with this minor update.

• Fixed and error that would allow devices to fire events when polling was disabled. 
  • Changing "Update Interval" via the properties page or programming no longer triggers a poll unless polling was disabled. 
  • The “Frequency While at a Location" setting now applies to manual polling as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I have 2 devices and 2 communicators on composer.  all updated to 1.0.2 except for one of them.  its stuck on 1.0.0  I set it to autoupdate and it says this;

Unable to initialize the update engine. Update must be performed by driver with device ID 590
Asking device 590 to perform an update check.

can i do anything besides removing the driver and re installing?  i have a lot of programming associated with it already.

thanks

I have 2 devices and 2 communicators on composer.  all updated to 1.0.2 except for one of them.  its stuck on 1.0.0  I set it to autoupdate and it says this;

Unable to initialize the update engine. Update must be performed by driver with device ID 590
Asking device 590 to perform an update check.

can i do anything besides removing the driver and re installing?  i have a lot of programming associated with it already.

thanks

You can try a controller reset. If the driver finds a mismatch in the version between the communicator and the device drivers it will trigger an update check at startup. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to post a reminder that the beta keys will stop working at the end of February, which is this Friday. You can pick up a full version at www.synapseha.com, and don't forget to use the coupon code we sent out at the end of January. 

For the Android users, stay tuned. I am hoping to start the beta in the near future if all goes well. 

• 4 weeks later...

I use smart polling with max update frequency of 30 seconds and trigger distance of 0.3 miles. This usually fires right when I pull up to a location. You can either decrease max update frequency or increase trigger distance to get a more reliable trigger when using smart polling.

I have the frequency while at a location set to 300 seconds which saves battery life with the trade off of taking a bit longer to fire when leaving a location.

By the way, the Android version is working and almost ready for beta. I posted a place holder on the website today. We will probably start with registered dealers, current owners of the iPhone version and a small group of end users who have expressed interest at first, then open up to a larger group as needed. Follow our twitter feed at www.twitter.com/SynapseHa for updates.

• 2 weeks later...

Phil

I have noticed reasonably often, maybe 10-20% of the time my arrive home events fail to fire. 

I believe I have discovered the problem this morning where after coming home an the arrive home event not firing I found that even with a force refresh I was getting the following error.

I did several manual refreshes with the same result and then it started working again.

I would appreciate you advice

04/05/14 09:51:33 : Getting the name of the iCloud server.
04/05/14 09:51:39 : Unable to obtain authorization with provided email and password.
04/05/14 09:52:45 : Updated location requested for Steve's iphone
04/05/14 09:52:45 : Getting the name of the iCloud server.

04/05/14 09:52:46 : Initializing iCloud session.
04/05/14 09:52:48 : Session initiated.
04/05/14 09:52:51 : Refreshing iCloud data.
04/05/14 09:52:54 : Sending updated location data to the client drivers.
04/05/14 09:52:54 : Last refreshed at 09:52 AM.

04/05/14 09:54:54 : Refreshing iCloud data.
04/05/14 09:55:00 : Unable to obtain location data, please check your username and password and try again.
04/05/14 09:55:00 : Getting the name of the iCloud server.
04/05/14 09:55:00 : Last refreshed at 09:55 AM.

04/05/14 09:55:02 : Initializing iCloud session.
04/05/14 09:55:04 : Session initiated.
04/05/14 09:55:07 : Refreshing iCloud data.
04/05/14 09:55:09 : Sending updated location data to the client drivers.
04/05/14 09:55:10 : Last refreshed at 09:55 AM.

Seems like the driver is broken with 1.0.2 when i try and refresh location data i get this

04/04/14 20:30:34 : Initializing iCloud session.

[string "Lua Code"]:1653: unexpected termination of json while looking for object ({ or [ or ' or " or number or boolean or null expected) (ReceivedAsync)

Has been working great till about 11 this am.

Thanks
Ryan

I have been working on this tonight. I can't manage to duplicate either problem, but they seem to be unrelated by looking at the errors. I have been working on a minor bug fix release that I will post tomorrow and maybe it will help. Ryan, are you getting that message all the time or just sporadically? It looks like the driver is getting bad data from the server somehow.

• 2 months later...

The driver is out of beta. We have entered into an agreement with a company to distribute the driver for us and provide first line support. The details will be finalized in the next week or two and we will post the details here.

The driver is out of beta. We have entered into an agreement with a company to distribute the driver for us and provide first line support. The details will be finalized in the next week or two and we will post the details here.

Sounds like EV?

Will current owners of the driver be transitioned over with updates?

Archived