C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - Kodi Full (XBMC) Driver for Control4

alanchow

23 minutes ago, me23 said:

Anybody have issues with kodi full and Jarvis 16.1  I had kodi lite with Jarvis 16.1 with c4 2.7.2.  Everything was fine.  Upgraded to kodi full and 2.8.2 and now I can not control the navigation in Kodi at all.  It doesn't respond to any commands from the sr250 except for when I already start playing a movie with a keyboard.  It then can pause and stop, but that's it.

This is a htpc I built and has worked fine up to this point.  Also, I have another htpc kodi installation that is isengard and is working fine with the kodi full and 2.8.2

Alan, can you chime in on this?

Two important setup points.

1. HTTP Server (make sure this is enabled and the port is the same as what is defined in the driver - usually 80 or 8080).
  2. Allow programs on other systems to control Kodi. (make sure this is enabled).

• 2 months later...

Is there a way to make the driver play a video source over a room with only "listen" options?

For example, i want to play the ESPN video addon and send the audio to the kitchen that only has speakers. I used to be able to do this with HDMI to living room receiver and RCA to the multi channel app, not it is separated an not an option.

2 hours ago, koxkp said:

Is there a way to make the driver play a video source over a room with only "listen" options?

For example, i want to play the ESPN video addon and send the audio to the kitchen that only has speakers. I used to be able to do this with HDMI to living room receiver and RCA to the multi channel app, not it is separated an not an option.

Unfortunately the Control4 media service proxy does not differentiate between watch and listen presses.  As such we do not know where you selected the video addons driver from.

On 9/26/2016 at 4:40 PM, alanchow said:

Unfortunately the Control4 media service proxy does not differentiate between watch and listen presses.  As such we do not know where you selected the video addons driver from.

So even if i just select directly from the Kodi menu it will show up on my SR250 as "video addons", no way around it. From here i want to listen to audio in kitchen and bedroom (without tv's in those areas). If you're saying this is impossible would you ever put a "fake" watch button in zones without tvs to add this multi channel use?

14 minutes ago, koxkp said:

So even if i just select directly from the Kodi menu it will show up on my SR250 as "video addons", no way around it. From here i want to listen to audio in kitchen and bedroom (without tv's in those areas). If you're saying this is impossible would you ever put a "fake" watch button in zones without tvs to add this multi channel use?

You may need to add a fake tv.  Either way you need to set the video endpoint to the correct device to route the signal.

Hi Alan. Can I ask a couple questions/give some feedback on this TOTALLY AWESOME driver!

In preparing to dump Sonos for my openELEC streaming box (which I have now split off stereo audio into the Control4 audio matrix using a JayCar HDMI extractor) I noticed there is no Kodi "Context Menu" button mapped onto the SR250 in your driver.

Can I suggest this gets mapped by default in the driver? It drove me nuts trying to find the Context menu (to scan and add a library)..only to find there was no default Context Menu button on your driver!!!!! I kept pushing the "Guide" button (and popping up DVR guide hahahahaha) because the guide button  is one of the defaults on an MCE remote for the Context Menu...  

Maybe the "Menu" button would be appropriate?..then again we found there is no mappable way to map onto the SR250 "Menu" button with your driver. Or "Info" button either for that matter.

Why is that?

Cheers W

1 hour ago, wappinghigh said:

Hi Alan. Can I ask a couple questions/give some feedback on this TOTALLY AWESOME driver!

In preparing to dump Sonos for my openELEC streaming box (which I have now split off stereo audio into the Control4 audio matrix using a JayCar HDMI extractor) I noticed there is no Kodi "Context Menu" button mapped onto the SR250 in your driver.

Can I suggest this gets mapped by default in the driver? It drove me nuts trying to find the Context menu (to scan and add a library)..only to find there was no default Context Menu button on your driver!!!!! I kept pushing the "Guide" button (and popping up DVR guide hahahahaha) because the guide button  is one of the defaults on an MCE remote for the Context Menu...  

Maybe the "Menu" button would be appropriate?..then again we found there is no mappable way to map onto the SR250 "Menu" button with your driver. Or "Info" button either for that matter.

Why is that?

Cheers W

As there is no context button on Control4 we have added it to the list of definable buttons for non intuitive buttons (red, green, yellow, blue, custom 1,2,3, etc).

See our installation guide for a list of all non intuitive buttons and all definable buttons.

these can be configured in the drivers properties page using composer home edition.

Lastly the info button brings up the info function for the currently playing media.  The menu button brings up the onscreen menu for the currently playing item.

This is covered in our installation guide.  We spend ALOT of time on our documentation.  From memory I think I wrote 70 something pages for the Kodi full installation manual.

You and your dealer should read our installation guide first so that you guys don't go 'nuts' on items that are already covered.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Does anyone have problems with OSD delay ? - when I press a button on my remote it sometimes takes 3-5s until I see a reaction on the Kodi OSD/GUI. After I reboot my HC it instant again for like 2 weeks, then things start to go slower and slower from there

11 hours ago, blub said:

Hi

Does anyone have problems with OSD delay ? - when I press a button on my remote it sometimes takes 3-5s until I see a reaction on the Kodi OSD/GUI. After I reboot my HC it instant again for like 2 weeks, then things start to go slower and slower from there

Sounds like you have a memory leak in one of your drivers.  We sell a lot of these kodi full drivers so that would have come back to us pretty quickly if there was this big of a problem.

13 hours ago, blub said:

Hi

How many movies, shows, music, etc. do you have?

I've wondered why C4 embeds thumbnail images into the XML media lists as opposed to referencing individual jpg images, and have wondered if that causes delay in processing.  Alan, does C4 extract those images upon import or on the fly?

8 minutes ago, Mntneer said:

How many movies, shows, music, etc. do you have?

I've wondered why C4 embeds thumbnail images into the XML media lists as opposed to referencing individual jpg images, and have wondered if that causes delay in processing.  Alan, does C4 extract those images upon import or on the fly?

Our Kodi Full driver does not utilise Control4's media management.  As such it is not effected by larget movie library sizes.  Meta data including images is processed on the fly and in small portions as you navigate through the list.  Eg if you have 10,000 movies it will (depending on the navigator user interface) go from 0-50, 50-100, 100-150 or 0-20, 20-40, 40- 80, etc etc.

Nothing is stored.  Images are sent to Navigator as a direct URL for navigator to grab from Kodi itself.

I have some more q's Alan. Are the "sub" driver names...you know ...Movies, TV shows, Music, Video Files (and the like) Configurable?... ie do they have to match up exactly with the same menu names in Kodi? So Could I say change the sub driver "Music" to "NAS music" (as long as the name was exactly the same in Kodi).. and "NAS Movies" in both driver and Kodi menu? If you get my drift? LOL  

1 hour ago, alanchow said:

Kodi full and kodi light drivers are two totally seperate drivers that have nothing to do with each other.

you only use one or the other.

please see installation guide for information on how to setup.

Yeah OK. Sure. I'm not a moron.. I was just asking if it's possible (or beneficial) or even desirable to use two full drivers in the one project (with all the sub drivers) that's all. It's not even clear if it can be done. Cheers

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.