C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - Orvibo WiWo-S20 Wifi Outlet

alanchow

Chowmain%20Logo%20Transparent%20Medium.p

Chowmain - Orvibo WiWo S20 Driver 

Control4 supplies the wireless outlet switch that makes any household plug-in device, like lamps, appliances and electronics part of the Control4 system by turning a standard outlet into a smart outlet. Unfortunately this device is not available to the majority of the world as it only supports 120VAC voltage for US plug type devices. 

Introducing the Orvibo S20 Smart Socket. It has US/UK/EU/AU/CN plug types and is extremely affordable. This WiFi based power outlet supports up to 10amps (100-240VAC) and can be easily integrated into the Control4 home automation system using the Chowmain Orvibo S20 driver. 

Features 

• Auto discovery of S20 device on the network 
  • Auto update of IP address and port upon change 
  • Abilty to connect driver to outlet light or relay device drivers which in turn allows you to view the correct icon on navigator interface or even eliminate standby power on AV based devices. 
  • Ability to connect driver to keypad buttons (with LED feedback) to allow for quick on/off/toggle programming 
  • On/Off feedback from the device. 

FAQ 

Can you give us some examples of how we could use this driver? 

• In Australia we do not have access to the Control4 outlet switch. As such we cannot easily integrate floor lamps, bedside table lights, fans, electric heaters, towel rails, etc easily. This driver fills in the gap to integrate these devices into the Control4 system. 
  • This driver allows connection to the Control4 outlet light driver and any relay based binding. As such you can get the correct icon on your navigator and also bind it to your AV device to minimise standby power. 
  • This driver allows connection to any Control4 keypad for ease of use programming. 

Why should i use this product over the other outlets on the market? 
This product is extremely affordable. You could buy 3 to 5 of these of these for the price of one of the competing products (including the cost of the driver). 

What hardware will this work on? 
This driver will work with the S20 AU/EU/UK/US/CN smart sockets made by Orvibo. The driver will also work with the following products as it is rebadged. There may be other rebadged S20's out there that we do not know of. Please utilise the built in 48 hour trial first to test prior to purchasing a licence. 

• Arlec PC180 (sold at Bunnings, Australia) 
  • Bauhn W2 (sold at Aldi, Australia) 
  • Bayit Home Automation BH1810 (sold at Home Depot & WalMart, USA) 
  • WiSPP (sold in the UK) 
  • Time2 (sold in the UK) 
  • ON THE WAY (sold on Amazon) 
  • Orvibo, (sold on Aliexpress, Banggood & other online retailers) 

How do I find out more information about the driver? 
Please see the links below for more information about the driver. 

Chowmain Website

Download Installation Guide

How do I buy the driver? 
This driver is developed by Chowmain software & apps and is distributed and supported by Houselogix, Inc. 

Download Driver / Purchase Licence

Who do i contact for technical support? 
This driver is developed by Chowmain software & apps and is distributed and supported by Houselogix, Inc. 

Support

Do you provide trial licences? 
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 48 hour trial. This is activated once you add the driver to the project. No additional steps are necessary. 

0001788_orvibo-wiwo-s20.png

9 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

wow! thats a steal.  Do you know how these compare to the wemo in terms of speed and reliability?

Control from Control4 is instantaneous (and the feedback is instant when the command is sent from Control4).  Feedback is polled so if you switch it on manually Control4 will take upto 1 minute to update whereas the WeMo has a subscription so the feedback is instant if you manually turn it on.

Hope that makes sense.  I just bought a few more of these for my place.  Too cheap to pass on it.  You can pretty much buy the driver and buy 5-6 of these for the price of 1 Control4 outlet switch at this price.

16 minutes ago, alanchow said:

Control from Control4 is instantaneous (and the feedback is instant when the command is sent from Control4).  Feedback is polled so if you switch it on manually Control4 will take upto 1 minute to update whereas the WeMo has a subscription so the feedback is instant if you manually turn it on.

Hope that makes sense.  I just bought a few more of these for my place.  Too cheap to pass on it.  You can pretty much buy the driver and buy 5-6 of these for the price of 1 Control4 outlet switch at this price.

gotcha. so depending on the feedback needed - wemo still be a better play....

3 hours ago, alanchow said:

Geekbuying has these on sale at the moment for $11.99 if you use the code Bulbasaur.

coupon does not seem to be working for NA model :(

still very reasonable at $19.99 USD with free shipping.

Thanks Alan.

6 hours ago, msgreenf said:

gotcha. so depending on the feedback needed - wemo still be a better play....

The s20 will get instant feedback if you turn it on via Control4 as if will ask for the state after telling it to turn on or off.

apart from that it will ask periodically.

4 hours ago, konieczn said:

Never mind, I see now, it's only a switch, and then need the driver to integrate into C4. 

Yep it's on/off switching only.  You will find that nobody makes outlet dimmers (most likely because there is limited usecases and its easier to make a switch)

• 3 weeks later...
On 1 September 2016 at 1:50 AM, adam333 said:

Just bought 5 of these and alans driver

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KT50HK4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Got the outlets to work on the iphone app.  When I put in the mac address it did not populate the information in the driver, and in turn doesnt work thru C4.

The driver discovers the outlets via UDP multicast.

first of all please make sure you are using the latest driver from HouseLogix.  We did an update about 2 weeks ago to improve the initial search functionality.

secondlu please make sure your network allows broadcasts. Off the top of my head I know the apple airport wifi AP's block UDP broadcasts from the LAN to wifi and vice versa.

The driver has been tested with muttiple orvibos (I have 3 myself in my home). If the problem persists please submit a ticket to our helpdesk on HouseLogix.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, prabeau said:

Just had your driver installed and what an easy fix to issues I had for such a cheap cost (driver + Wiwo) oh and lightning fast

Thanks Alan

Yep i made the driver cheap so that IP outlets can now be EXTREMELY affordable.  Though not as good as a Belkin WeMo it does the trick for basic On/Off functionality (with polled feedback).

Archived