C4 Forums | Control4

XM Radio audio stops randomly

I'm a newbie looking for some help.  I have the latest C4 software installed (2.10.0) and I'm having an issue with the XM radio.  When it's playing in a room, after a few minutes the music stops.  When I look at the touch screen, I can see that C4 still thinks it's still playing because the music artists/titles change every few minutes.  Also, I can still see 'stop button', which means it thinks it's playing.  I'm playing the XM Radio thru the native C4 driver.  Pandora plays fine, so this is just an XM radio issue.  Also, not to muddy the water and add confusion, but I have Sonos installed and when trying to play it thru Sonos (instead of the Native C4 driver), the same thing happens.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes latest OS. I also see the songs/titles changing and it looks like its playing but no audio can be heard. Same thing with XM. I also go to active audio zones and it shows no active zones even though I am playing music in my bedroom. I was hoping it was a software issue but have not heard back from my dealer.

When this issue occurs for me, in the "active audio zones" screen, the XM room still shows up as a room playing XM audio.  So C4 truly thinks it's playing even though no audio can be heard.   Also, are you playing XM thru the native C4 driver or thru Sonos?

Hi Jane & Ravi,

It sounds like your system might be having issues resolving the Sirius XM server,  as you mentioned Sonos is having a similar issue.  Depending how your network is setup, your dealer may want to take a look at which DNS your network is pointed to.  I'll look into it on our side to find out if there have been multiple reports, or if this a new issue from a possible server issue.

So we've been testing multiple sources (Sonos, Denon, C4), and the URL stream for SiriusXM seems to be timing out, no matter the source.  Our engineering has been working with them, and letting them know of the issues we're experiencing with their streams.  I'll provide any updates we get, otherwise they are aware of this now.

I get the same thing when listening through my Yamaha receiver. But I never have a problem when listening on my iPhone. Would think it would time out both ways.

Maybe the app on the phone does a better job of buffering, idk. I just live with the issue although it is annoying.

• 4 weeks later...

a few things to note:

SiriusXM DOES have a time-out for streaming services unless you have a business/commercial account. The time and duration of this timeout differes per channel, time of day and how busy the service is, but SHOULD be a bare minimum of an hour, 2-3 hours for most channels.

What you'll see when this happens is that the system will still say SXM is playing, but you'll see a PLAY symbol on interfaces.

OUTSIDE of that, there's possibly something going on as well. IF you have sound shutting off at much shorter intervals from above, and there is a STOP symbol vs a PLAY symbol - than it is NOT the normal time-out.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.