C4 Forums | Control4

XM Radio audio stops randomly

• 6 months later...
On 10/17/2017 at 3:47 PM, Derrick Cain said:

Hi Jane & Ravi,

It sounds like your system might be having issues resolving the Sirius XM server,  as you mentioned Sonos is having a similar issue.  Depending how your network is setup, your dealer may want to take a look at which DNS your network is pointed to.  I'll look into it on our side to find out if there have been multiple reports, or if this a new issue from a possible server issue.

I have the same issue.  Sometimes XM quits but the system thinks it is playing because the zones remain open and I have the button showing.  Other times everything quits.  If I use the bluetooth app on control4 with an Iphone I do not have this issue.  Other problems I have is that in the middle of doing nothing but watching TV everything quits.  At other times the remote will not activate or turn off a device.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

22 hours ago, askfl7 said:

I have the same issue.  Sometimes XM quits but the system thinks it is playing because the zones remain open and I have the button showing.  Other times everything quits.  If I use the bluetooth app on control4 with an Iphone I do not have this issue.  Other problems I have is that in the middle of doing nothing but watching TV everything quits.  At other times the remote will not activate or turn off a device.  Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

If you are updated to version 2.10.2 (or not 2.10.3) and have the DNS manually set to 8.8.8.8 - 8.8.4.4. this issue should go away. Check on these two things and then report back.

On 8/1/2018 at 8:08 AM, BraydonH said:

If you are updated to version 2.10.2 (or not 2.10.3) and have the DNS manually set to 8.8.8.8 - 8.8.4.4. this issue should go away. Check on these two things and then report back.

Is this supposed to be fixed in 2.10.3?

i had it happen today and it's really annoying.

2 hours ago, Derrick Cain said:

This maybe unrelated, but SiriusXM has built in "timeouts" and it varies by station.  Anywhere between 2-12 hours, the station will just stop.

I was experiencing stops every 10-20 minutes or so which I had not seen before with SiriusXM.

• 3 weeks later...

I guess I will try to update to 2.10.3 and see if that solves the issue. But it only happens within the first 20 min and only on my AVR in the family room. I can hit the play button on the remote and the music will come back on and stay on until i turn it off. It does not happen if I start the same channel in the garage on my audio matrix, but if i add the family room it will stop around 20 min after coming on. I wonder if there is some sort of setting on my AVR that is causing it to pause.

• 4 months later...
2 minutes ago, ekohn00 said:

Just wanted to see if anyone found a solution to this problem.

I tried to install the patch, but think it's for earlier versions than 2.10.2.

thanks.

I'm on 2.10.5, and my XM streams stop constantly.  I haven't spent the time to try to track this down (yet), but just letting you know that it doesn't appear to be fixed in later versions...unless there's something else that must be done to activate whatever fix was implemented...

1 hour ago, dw886 said:

I'm on 2.10.5, and my XM streams stop constantly.  I haven't spent the time to try to track this down (yet), but just letting you know that it doesn't appear to be fixed in later versions...unless there's something else that must be done to activate whatever fix was implemented...

Thanks for the info, but that sux.

Somewhere I think I came across a setting for stream BW.  Anyone know if this could affect the stops?  I think XM uses a lot of BW.......????

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.