C4 Forums | Control4

IP Control Tv

Hello

I have been struggling with a 2015 model Sony and now 2016 model Samsung TV which cannot master IP control. Unable to switch on from control4.

Would anyone be able to recommend a brand / model which works flawlessly? I know IR control can switch on but will not work seamlessly.

many thanks

Those are too early. Most android sonys from 2017 and 18. Samsung would have to have the network config page in the menu which is a 2017. Most previous to that shut down the network port when in standby so IP only is not viable for those brands back then

OK great thanks. this is for a kitchen TV so need 32inch and unfortunately the Sony doesn't seem to be Android at that size.

Any other brands that are IP friendly? 

thanks for this

• 7 months later...

With all the new TVs on the market, I am still looking for a 32 inch TV with IP control as our old Sony 2015 model has dreadful IR control.    

When I checked before I could not find a smaller IP enabled TV but interested if anyone has since had success.  

Many thanks!

20 minutes ago, wyrob2 said:

With all the new TVs on the market, I am still looking for a 32 inch TV with IP control as our old Sony 2015 model has dreadful IR control.    

When I checked before I could not find a smaller IP enabled TV but interested if anyone has since had success.  

Many thanks!

If you can't find one with IP, I've been satisfied with RS232 control because I have full video distribution.  so no local channel changes or control is needed.  On/off and volume control are fast enough over RS232 and I don't have the emitter.  Would that work for you?

Vizio SmartCast D32f-F1 works with the Annex4 Vizio driver

(I have three D24f-F1 TVs that work using the Annex4 Vizio driver)

LG has 32" Smart TVs that should work with the Annex4 LG driver assuming they are running webOS 3.0 or later.

They all work seamlessly with regular TV commands as well as with the Smart TV features.

I think there are some smaller Roku TVs that have IP control.  I have a Sharp Roku TV and there is a 32" TCL Roku TV at Walmart Canada that has an ethernet port.  There is an HTI driver that should work with this TV - IP should work with everything but it is possible that you need IR to power on.

• 1 month later...

Gary

thanks for your response.  

I have looked at the UK models of the LG 32 inches.   But none have drivers on the c4 database.  

Eg LG 32LK6100

are you saying that the generic driver can control them?  Good news as I am still looking for up control

thanks!

Archived