C4 Forums | Control4

New DVR can stream to control4

With this latest software update, all Wirepath™ DVRs now fully support Control4 user interfaces. Think of this as your Axis encoder, only much better. The DVR supplies dedicated MJPEG streams for each camera, just like Axis but at a fraction of the price – plus of course you get recording capability too!

This is really huge news IMO. Every time I get to the camera part on a quote the cost of going from Analog to IP is so high or going just IP cams is so high. Now you can use cams like Digital Watchdog (or even Snap's cheap models) and go to DVR for dedictated recording but also see feeds on C4.

MSRP on the 4channel is $599.99 (thats just MSRP), you can view all of them here: http://www.snapav.com/c-99-dvrs.aspx

The higher end ones have HDMI out (you could put it on an HDMI matrix switch for full screen TV viewing too with RS232 control).

If you don't have a snap dealer and need a quote hit me up as we are now a Gold level dealer with them as of this quarter.

The way I see it, if you have a huge budget (wealthy client) Axis is the way to go. If you are on a budget, you can go Planet IP (with a nas or some other recording platform) or Snap Analog with DVR. 3 great options now for various budgets.

** Edit to add Panasonic as an option, I'm just not a fan due to their IR and outdoor limitations. Indoor are great.

I agree James. It is going to simply things *alot* with analog camera's

I would have gone down this route too with my analog cameras, if it was available back when I installed them..

Sure beats stuffing around with a separate A-D server/separate DVR/separate computer based recorder and driver (like SecuritySpy/EV)....and all the added programming costs of this..

Sweet!

Very interested. I need a DVR anyway.

I can sell my 241q and move to one of these.

Anyone know the approx cost of a WPS-100-DVR-4CH?

Last year I picked up a Digital Watchdog 4ch DVR for $270, I put Y's on the 241q. The app for the DVR is great and loads real fast.

If I didnt already have the 241q I would definitely go with this unit.

Anyone know if I would still be able to control my analog pan/tilt camera going this route.

Kevin (from DD) and me modified the axis241q driver and it works like a charm on the 3.5" MTS and on-screen GUIs.

Thanks.

** Edit to add Panasonic as an option, I'm just not a fan due to their IR and outdoor limitations. Indoor are great.

Help me out here as I have no idea which models you are referring to. How can their outdoor models be worse than the indoor?

^OK, but I wish I hadn't run so many coax cables to mine :)

Yeah, I was just a little short-sighted thinking I would only install ip cameras and not possibly analog.

My initial thought was to install the panny 735, but now with the easier possibility of adding a snap analog with better night mode has me thinking.

Controlfouruserguy,

It's just my opinion but Panny has a cheap indoor line and an expensive outdoor line (if you want IR). If you are getting the outdoor pannys with IR you might as well be getting Axis and Planet is a lot cheaper with similar quality. I just haven't found a good place for Panasonic in the lineup for outdoor.

Guy's I don't think this DVR A->D device *replaces* the use of IP cameras... it just looks like giving a nice quick easy way to digitalise, record and display analog camera streams into C4 that's all..

There are going to remain several advantages with IP camera's. POE is one. Particularly if you are starting out new..The fact that the whole world seems to be moving digital has to be the obvious one surely..

But as James point's out, the move to digital has meant the price of analog has tumbled. So this seems a great way to get things done if that's appropriate to your security budget..

So, can anyone confirm, with the SnapA/V unit you do our do not have the pan and tilt ability within the C4 GUI?

the four and eight channel versions don't have a rs485 port, but the others do.

I have an analog pan/tilt/zoom camera, so this is important to me also.

Archived