C4 Forums | Control4

Best way to show what rooms are playing music/video?

ricke

I'm looking for a way to display whether a room is current On/playing music. Ideally it would be cool if you could use the room navigator on the touchpads/MyHomePC to display rooms per floor and have the room buttons be a different color if they are ON/playing content. Is that possible?

Also it would be handy to have a top level custom button that would show if any rooms are on and playing music and turn them all off at once.

Thanks for any tips on how to do this,

Rick

It certainly performs many of those functions, and of course you can get a shortcut/favorite put on the custom home screen.

New enough systems have the little icon in the bottom bar but unfortunately that as of yet only shows up when the current room is active, not if any room is active (something dealers have been requesting from C4 as soon as the icon appeared).

It certainly performs many of those functions, and of course you can get a shortcut/favorite put on the custom home screen.

New enough systems have the little icon in the bottom bar but unfortunately that as of yet only shows up when the current room is active, not if any room is active (something dealers have been requesting from C4 as soon as the icon appeared).

It's easily accessible under the MUSIC button, or like you said...you can add it to the home screen.

I agree. I also would like to have this show up on navigators when any zone is active. I think it does that on the android MyHome app.

• 3 months later...

@cyknight or whoever can answer to his point above,

Is this still true, with no workaround? I thought I was going crazy b/c on my iPhone/ipad, no matter what room it is set to, I see the icon in the bottom of the home that allows seeing and adding/deleting zones to current events (whatever zones are playing music and the associated source). But on my kitchen infinity screen I have to switch to the zone that is playing (assuming I know which is) in order to add zones. Am I missing something or are they working on that or is there an app or workaround that I can program or request from my dealer?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Jim

I think I know what you mean, I'm not sure if that is a limitation or not but I'm pretty sure I have the same behavior on my system. One partial solution is the WattsOn Eragy free app, you can at least see at a glance what rooms have media playing.

@cyknight or whoever can answer to his point above,

Is this still true, with no workaround? I thought I was going crazy b/c on my iPhone/ipad, no matter what room it is set to, I see the icon in the bottom of the home that allows seeing and adding/deleting zones to current events (whatever zones are playing music and the associated source). But on my kitchen infinity screen I have to switch to the zone that is playing (assuming I know which is) in order to add zones. Am I missing something or are they working on that or is there an app or workaround that I can program or request from my dealer?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Jim

There isn't a workaround. This is the current behavior. It has been requested by dealers to make the touchscreens function like the i devices so that button appears when any zone is on regardless if the screen is on an active room.

Is there a way to see what channel is playing in a certain room? I'd like to know what channel is a tv in another room. I know I can turn on parental controls but I'm more concerned with the shows not the channel. There are certain shows on Disney that I don't want my kids watching.

Also, is there a way to turn on a TV to a specific DVR recorded show without having to be in front of the TV? Everytime my young son wants to watch his recorded show, I have to run upstairs and browse to find it. I guess this is more of a Dish issue since their app doesn't address this issue. Does anyone else have a solution that is working for you?

Archived