C4 Forums | Control4

LiftMaster MyQ Garage and Lighting Control Driver by HouseLogix

This week, HouseLogix released the LiftMaster / Chamberlain MyQ device driver for integration with the MyQ-enabled product family. This includes MyQ garage doors, as well as, lighting controls. MyQ is a cost effective solution for adding additional lighting or tying in a garage door over IP, without hacking and soldering remotes and relays together. The LiftMaster MyQ driver is tested and supported by HouseLogix. You can find more information at our website.

What would the licensing / setup be for a residence with a garage in main house (1 door) and external garage building with 3 x doors. The external garage is being completed and MyQ is being installed. The main house garage does not have MyQ but could be retrofitted.

AK1, you should be able to sign up as a dealer for the price. If I'm not mistaken, this works no differently then other licensed drivers, one price per project. MyQ bridge is whatever your garage dealer sells it for/you find it for.

As I've mentioned when the whole MyQ conversation stared back up a little while ago, a bought driver plus gateway will not be price-competitive to the 'hack' solution (as Houselogix mentions it) of soldering to an opener, especially not for one or two doors. 4 of them, it may be worth the saved time, assuming it works flawlessly.

I am a dealer already, Cy. I was curious how it would work with one project and 2 x separate MyQ bridges. In my case the numbers probably make sense: given we have 4 x doors to automate and need to add an IO extender to get it done + 4 x openers and some labour.

• 5 months later...

I am using WInk and have not had a single issue yet with my garage door since getting it going. I do find it is a bit slow, but it is a garage door. By the time I drive up to it, or walk up to it, it isn't an issue. 

EDIT: I should add... WINK was free..... You don't need the hub. You just need the app. 

If I'm not mistaken. This setup with house logic and myQ will not require me to buy the card access garage door package.

The status of the garage door being opened or closed will been seen from control 4 without a contact?

Archived