C4 Forums | Control4

HC1000 to HC800 upgrade program?

^We know that.  The point is who does this appeal to?  This is probably the only nuance I can relate to out of the forum currently.  Even crazy-nitro recognizes a screw-job to the senior users here by Control4.

This one isn't particularly well thought of across the board due to it's implementation.

^Nonetheless, it's trivial.  I, like others, can simply ignore it.  Not a big deal and that brings me to the point of all this unrest within the C4 community and this forum.  I won't be suggesting any clever ideas over on Dan's thread- there is a fundamental reason for all the static these days and it has nothing to do with the architecture here. 

This is the kind of deal I jumped on when I added the C4 Matrix.  I'm sure there are others that might have started with a small setup and this would convince them to jump on a major upgrade.

But in any case, this isn't the deal this thread was about.  I determined I don't need to upgrade my 1000 even if it doesn't work in a future version, so I skipped it.

• 4 weeks later...

I was hoping to get an opinion from those "in the know" about the upcoming OS. My dealer thinks I should upgrade my system with an HC800 in place of my HC1000. Is the new OS really going to add enough new features to be worthwhile? How involved is changing the controllers? I only have a couple third party drivers and have only used my original dealer but they say it will take half a day to do the install which makes me think it's pretty involved (and expensive).

its on now, just ask your dealer.  I just got my 800 at 50% off, great deal I think :)

That sounds like they are clearing out old stock for a new controller or perhaps the 1000's are NOT very compatible with 2.6. 50% Off is WAY too deep of a discount to offer and Control4 is not known for being kind to existing owners. Maybe I'm wrong but this is unusual behaviour.

I should have explained further (I think I misunderstood this thread)....I was having issues with my 300 and the audio out.....so instead of paying to fix that I decided to upgrade to an 800 and got a good deal with it.  I guess not the same as just switching out stuff, mine was to fix something broken.

Thanks

That sounds like they are clearing out old stock for a new controller or perhaps the 1000's are NOT very compatible with 2.6. 50% Off is WAY too deep of a discount to offer and Control4 is not known for being kind to existing owners. Maybe I'm wrong but this is unusual behaviour.

This was the deal I got. Was given the opportunity to upgrade and I jumped on it. As I said Happy....

Archived